Popeyes is a very busy fast food restaurant with a variety of exciting career opportunities. This article is going to explore their main employment opportunities, and offer more details on five of their positions. It will also offer some Popeyes job application and interview advice as well.
Popeyes Employment Opportunities – Overview
Popeyes has a broad range of exciting career opportunities that are suitable for students, part-time job seekers who just need a bit of extra cash for the upcoming holidays, and career-minded individuals who are looking to grow with a company.
For experienced applicants, positions like restaurant manager are a great fit. These jobs come with great benefit packages and are available all across the United States. For part-time employment, your best bet is likely the crew member position. This job is the most entry-level one, and has the fewest base requirements.
If you prefer a corporate working environment, there are several additional opportunities to consider. They have a facility manager position for their corporate building in Atlanta, Georgia. There is also an ops manager position for the same location as well. For candidates that are experienced in human resources, a human resources business partner job may also be a great fit.
Popeyes Application Process
It only takes a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the job search and Popeyes job application process. Start by visiting their career site using your desktop or laptop.
1. There are two search boxes at the top of the page, where you can enter your location information and some keywords relating to the job opportunity you are looking for.
2. If you want to just search for all of the available positions around you, simply leave the keyword section blank, and input your location information. The default view displays the most recent postings at the top.
3. The job listings page will display the job title and the location information for each posting. When you find one you are interested in, click the job title to be taken to the summary page. It will have the core requirements and detail the main responsibilities for the position.
4. If the position is still a good fit and you wish to apply, click the red “Apply Now” button. You will be directed to a page that displays the core requirements and essential responsibilities of the position again.
5. Once you have confirmed you are qualified again, click the blue “Apply To Job” button at the bottom to proceed.
6. The next screen will give you the option to sign in with your Facebook account or job account.
7. If you don’t have a job account yet, you can create one by clicking the “Don’t Have An Account Yet?” link at the bottom of the page.
8. Once the account’s created, you can use your login information for future Popeyes job application opportunities.
9. An email confirmation is sent for each position you have successfully applied for. Interview requests are also sent out to your registered email address.
Popeyes Job Openings
Crew Member Job Description
Crew Member Job Duties
- Greet customers and thank them for their purchase
- Operate cash register and provide accurate change when needed
- Take orders in a fast manner, while ensuring order is accurate
- Check food quality and temperature throughout the day
- Clean and maintain the store as directed by management
Crew Member Job Requirements
The minimum age for this job is 16 years old, and there are no base educational requirements.
Crew Member Salary & Benefits
Most crew member salaries start anywhere from $8.50 to $9 an hour, and crew members are eligible for benefits like meal discounts.
Crew Member Work Schedule
Most crew member positions are part-time only, and work 20 to 30 hours each week.
Restaurant Manager Job Description
Restaurant Manager Job Duties
- Ensure guests are being treated correctly and are having a positive experience
- Make sure that all food is prepared correctly
- Educate crew, and work to retain and develop talent
- Adjust schedule as needed to ensure proper coverage
- Grow store business throughout the year
Restaurant Manager Job Requirements
The minimum age for this position is 18 years old. You must have a valid driver license, and three years experience in restaurant management is required.
Restaurant Manager Salary & Benefits
Most restaurant managers start at anywhere from $40,000 to $45,000 a year, based on experience and store volume. This position is eligible for benefits like 401k, vacation, and bonuses.
Restaurant Manager Work Schedule
The majority of restaurant managers work at least 40 hours each week, with occasional overtime.
Facility Manager Job Description
Facility Manager Job Duties
- Visit corporate locations and ensure they are being maintained correctly
- Create and maintain a system that accurately tracks warranty information
- Establish a preventative maintenance system that meets current PM guidelines
- Report any issues to upper-level management throughout the day
- Manage vendor certifications and conduct exit interviews as needed
Facility Manager Job Requirements
The minimum age for this position is 18 years old. There are no formal education requirements for this position. Experience in facility management is strongly preferred.
Facility Manager Salary & Benefits
Most facility manager positions start anywhere from $70,000 to $80,000 a year, and are eligible for benefits like health insurance, 401k, and vacation.
Facility Manager Work Schedule
This is a salaried position that averages at least 40 hours each week, with frequent overtime.
Ops Manager Job Description
Ops Manager Job Duties
- Review store bonus exceptions and correct when needed
- Monitor various reports to ensure stores are meeting specific growth goals
- Prepare presentations for management, and inform them of any relevant changes
- Assist with the creation of new bonus programs
- Travel to corporate locations as needed
Ops Manager Job Requirements
The minimum age for this posting is 18 years old. You must be familiar with Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Previous operations experience is strongly preferred.
Ops Manager Salary & Benefits
The average starting operations manager pay is around $60,000 a year. These positions are eligible for bonuses and benefits like 401k, health insurance, and vacation time.
Ops Manager Work Schedule
Ops managers are salaried, and work 40 hours each, with occasional overtime.
Human Resources Business Partner Job Description
Human Resources Business Partner Job Duties
- Update HR policies as needed to ensure they meet legal requirements
- Conduct regular meetings to actively monitor associate satisfaction
- Participate in meetings with upper-level management as needed
- Prepare new training material as needed for various departments
- Manage the investigation process for various disciplinary programs
Human Resources Business Partner Job Requirements
The minimum age for this posting is 18 years old. A BA or BS degree is strongly preferred as well.
Human Resources Business Partner Salary & Benefits
Most positions similar to this start anywhere from $80,000 to $85,000 a year, and are eligible for a variety of benefits like health insurance, 401k, and vacation.
Human Resources Business Partner Work Schedule
This position works 40 hours each week, with frequent overtime.
Popeyes Application & Interview Tips
The most important thing to remember when completing a Popeyes job application for most store level positions is that almost all of their locations are franchises. This means that your starting salary may differ slightly from what is listed in this guide. Keep this in mind when you are listing your preferred salary, and review the averages for similar positions in your area.
Another tip to remember for your interview is that managers are looking for associates who can solve problems in a quick and efficient manner. You should have a solid example of how you have solved a problem for a customer in the past, and explain how this satisfied your customer. If this will be your first job, come up with a hypothetical situation.
Since this is a restaurant, the most common issue you will encounter is incorrect orders. You should always be prepared to apologize and address your customer’s concerns by correcting their order. Do not be afraid to involve your manager if the customer requests it.
Outside of this, always dress professionally for your interview. Try to arrive 15 minutes early to allow your interviewer plenty of time for your appointment.
Popeyes Operating Hours
Popeyes restaurant hours will vary slightly by location, with most being open from 10 AM to 10 PM. If you’re interested in specific location hours, the Store Locator on their website can help you.
Popeyes Contact Information
The official Popeyes website is where you can go for answers to any questions you may have about the Popeyes . Their website also has a useful contact form for basic customer service questions. You can also contact them via phone at 1-877-767-3937.