Baskin Robbins remains one of the most popular ice cream store shops in the United States. This makes them an excellent employment opportunity for both part-time work and full-time management level positions. Our article is going to help you prepare for your Baskin Robbins job interview by providing answers to common Baskin Robbins interview questions and offering some basic tips.
About The Company
Baskin Robbins started earning its place in history nearly three-quarters of a century ago. The company was originally founded by the two brothers-in-law, Burton Baskin and Irvine Robbins. One important fact to take note of is that the vast majority of stores are independently owned and operated by franchisees.
With this in mind, important factors like starting pay, the availability of benefits, and operating hours will vary from location to location. In addition, the majority of Baskin Robbins job postings are for part-time work. The exception is their management level positions which are traditionally full-time only.
Baskin Robbins Job Interview Tips
Baskin Robbins doesn’t require standardized testing. Instead, the store manager or assistant store manager conducts the interview directly. Be prepared to make a good first impression and to answer any questions that they have by following these tips.
If you would like to know more about Baskin Robbins career opportunities and the job application procedure, read our Baskin Robbins careers guide.
Conduct Research on the Company & Job Openings
- Remember to use multiple job sites like Indeed, Monster, and CareerBuilder to see what openings are available in your area.
- Consider visiting the store as a customer to gauge the work atmosphere and to see when it is most busy.
- Review your base qualifications to determine if you are an ideal pick for the given position’s requirements.
- Familiarize yourself with the values of the company. You can typically find their mission statement on their official website.
Review Common Baskin Robbins Interview Questions and Prepare Answers
- Interviewers love to ask about why you left your previous employment. Make sure that you have a professional answer ready that doesn’t put a negative emphasis on you or your previous employer.
- Customer service is a huge part of Baskin Robbins. Interviewers will likely want to know about how you helped resolve a difficult customer service situation in the past.
- Remember that your interviewer is looking for specifics. It’s always best to avoid speaking in generalities.
- When in doubt, consider roleplaying with a friend or family member first. This can help you prepare your answers beforehand.
Arrive on Time
- Plan to arrive 15 to 30 minutes before your appointment date.
- The day prior to your interview, drive to the store location around your appointment time to gauge traffic patterns for your area.
- Prepare your Baskin Robbins interview outfit the day prior and have everything ready to go.
Baskin Robbins Interview Questions & Answers
One of the biggest parts of acing any interview is to conduct the appropriate research to determine the types of questions your interviewer will ask you. In the next few sections, we’re going to list several popular interview questions and answers to help you prepare yourself.
Baskin Robbins Crew Member Interview Questions & Answers
Q1: What is the most appealing aspect of the crew member position to you?
A: I like the fact that the crew member position is responsible for so many different tasks within the store.
Q2: What steps would you take to resolve a difficult customer service situation?
A: First, I would let the customer talk and hear them out. Next, I would repeat some of the information back so they know I had listened and apologize for the issue. I would then try to resolve the complaint. If all else fails, I would involve my supervisor.
Q3: Why do you feel that you would be a good fit for the position?
A: I have over three years of experience in customer service. For me, I just love helping people and making connections with customers.
Baskin Robbins Team Lead Interview Questions & Answers
Q1: What interested you in a career at Baskin Robbins?
A: Honestly, everyone loves ice cream. I love that you’re able to make someone smile by giving them their favorite product.
Q2: What experience do you have leading others?
A: I was an assistant sales lead in my previous job for two years. In that position, I supervised four other employees for my given area.
Q3: What is one of most difficult leadership decision you had to make?
A: I found out that one of our clerks was shoplifting in our department. Ultimately, I had to involve loss prevention and provide a witness statement that resulted in their dismissal.
Baskin Robbins Manager Questions & Answers
Q1: What type of management experience do you have?
A: I have four years of experience managing food service restaurants and two years of retail store management experience. I supervised teams that ranged from 10 to 20 employees at a time.
Q2: What are your professional goals for the next three years and beyond?
A:I would like to achieve a district level management position within a company. After that, I am hoping to branch out into a franchise opportunity with the company.
Q3: Why do you feel that you would be a good management candidate?
A: I possess over six years of management experience. I have handled staffing issues, ordered inventory, and have conducted interviews during hiring events as well.
Just like any other job, you should adequately prepare yourself for your Baskin Robbins job interview. By keeping our interview tips and common questions in mind, you can ensure that you are prepared for your interview and increase your chances of successfully getting the job. If you have any Baskin Robbins interview tips that you would like to share, feel free to post them in the comments area for our other readers.