KFC is a popular fast food restaurant that employs a variety of full-time and part-time workers. It has long been a popular choice for first-time job seekers. This article is going to explore five of the most popular job openings at the company, and offer some general interview advice. It will also explain the KFC job application process.
KFC Employment Opportunities – Overview
KFC has many different employment opportunities that are suitable for both full-time and part-time workers. They also have several positions that are ideal for job seekers who are looking for a career in restaurant management.
Their part-time positions have the distinct benefit of flexible scheduling options, making them ideal fits for college students. The most common part-time posting that is listed on their website is the team member. This is a good entry-level position for job seekers who are new to the workforce, or who haven’t worked in food service before.
If you have worked in a restaurant before, the shift supervisor position may be a good fit for you. It offers more pay, and it’s a great stepping stone for workers who want to branch out into management at a later date.
For the most experienced candidates, there are additional management positions to consider as well. The assistant restaurant manager posting is a great start to consider. General manager positions are also available to the most qualified candidates.
KFC Application Process
The KFC job application process is very easy to complete. To get started, visit the KFC careers website.
1. There are two search boxes located at the top of the web page where you can enter a keyword, and your city, state, or zip code. The last option lets you customize the search radius for the job postings.
2. Once you have entered your search terms, click the “Go” button to access the job listings page. The jobs are listed based on their posting date, with the most recent postings appearing at the top of the page.
3. You can further customize the search listings by using the various filters on the right-hand side of the screen.
4. To learn more about a given job posting, click the job title to be taken to the summary page. It will show the minimum starting age for the position, and any relevant educational or professional certifications that are required.
5. If you want to proceed with your KFC job application, click the red “Apply Now” button to be taken to the application screen. This page will show you if the location is owned by a franchisee or the company.
6. To start your application, click the black “Get Started” button.
7. You will create a unique identifier using the last four digits of your social, and other personal information.
8. The KFC job application process will ask for your work history and educational background.
9. Once complete, an email confirmation will be sent to the email address you provided during the registration process.
KFC Job Openings
Team Member Job Description
Team Member Job Duties
- Greet customers in a timely fashion and thank them for their business
- Provide correct change when using the cash register
- Adhere to company grooming standards
- Keep the restaurant clean at all times
- Various other tasks as directed by management
Team Member Job Requirements
There are no minimum educational requirements, and the starting age for this position is 16 years old.
Team Member Salary & Benefits
The average starting pay for team members is around $8.30 an hour, and typically comes with an associate meal discount.
Team Member Work Schedule
Most team member positions are part-time only, and work 20 to 30 hours each week.
Shift Supervisor Job Description
Shift Supervisor Job Duties
- Coach and motivate fellow associates
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times
- Assist customers with concerns and resolve them
- Make deposits for the store as needed
- Help with product rotation and store deliveries
Shift Supervisor Job Requirements
The minimum age for a shift supervisor position is 18 years old. There is no educational requirement, but a valid driver’s license is required, with personal transportation to make deposits.
Shift Supervisor Salary & Benefits
The average starting pay for shift supervisors is $9.78 an hour, with access to benefits like health insurance, 401k, and vacation.
Shift Supervisor Work Schedule
Most shift supervisor positions are full-time, and work 32 to 40 hours each week.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Job Description
Assistant Restaurant Manager Job Duties
- Grow business by meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Promote a positive atmosphere
- Train and develop talent within the store
- Ensure proper food safety policies are being followed
- Order inventory and assist with unloading truck deliveries
Assistant Restaurant Manager Job Requirements
You must be at least 18 years old to apply for the restaurant manager position. A high school diploma or equivalent is generally preferred.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Salary & Benefits
Most assistant restaurant manager positions are salaried, and start around $33,000 a year. They receive benefits like health insurance, vacation time, and store bonuses based on productivity.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Work Schedule
Assistant restaurant managers work 40 hour weeks, with occasional overtime.
General Manager Job Description
General manager Job Duties
- Conduct interviews for your home store location
- Develop and maintain talent at your location
- Continue to drive growth by promoting various specials
- Manage food waste levels and promote a positive work environment
- Adhere to strict food safety protocols, and ensure employees are following by example
General Manager Job Requirements
You must be at least 18 years old with a valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation to be considered for this position.
General Manager Salary & Benefits
Most general manager positions are salaried, and average around $42,000 each year. This position has access to benefits like health insurance, 401k, and vacation. It also has bonuses based on store performance.
General Manager Work Schedule
General managers work an average of 45 hours each week, with more hours during key business periods.
Prep/Lobby Specialist Job Description
Prep/Lobby Specialist Job Duties
- Assist customers with carrying out food as needed
- Clean trays and maintain the dine-in area
- Prepare food according to company specifications
- Greet and thank customers for their purchase
- Other duties as assigned by management
Prep/Lobby Specialist Job Requirements
There are no formal educational requirements for this position. The minimum age is 16 years old.
Prep/Lobby Specialist Salary & Benefits
Most people start at around $8 an hour for this position. If hour requirements are met, benefits like health insurance and 401k are available.
Prep/Lobby Specialist Work Schedule
The majority of positions for this job are part-time only, and work 20 to 30 hours each week.
KFC Application & Interview Tips
The most important thing to remember when filling out a KFC job application is that a large portion of their restaurants are franchised. This means that the starting pay, benefits package, and hours may vary considerably from corporately operated stores.
The plus side is that the KFC website does not direct you to a third party website each time you select a franchised store position. All of the KFC job application steps are completed on the same website, and no additional user accounts are needed. The website also tells you each time you are applying at a franchised location.
You can find out if the store is franchised by looking under the “Description” of the job. If you are looking for a corporate store, be on the lookout for this detail during your job hunt.
As far as general interview advice goes, remember that this is a food service establishment that prides itself on delivering quick and convenient food to its customers. This means that they want applicants who can keep up with busy periods and maintain their cool during stressful situations.
Ask yourself why you are applying for the job, and develop an answer that showcases your interests in the company. For those of you with no job history, an honest answer is that you are looking to develop your resume with positive work history. KFC is a great place to work for new workers, and has very flexible scheduling for students.
KFC Opening Hours
Hours will vary slightly by location, with most locations being open from 10 AM to 11 PM. You can check out specific store hours using their Store Locator.
KFC Contact Information
The KFC website is a great place to ask questions regarding the KFC job application process. They have a contact form on their website for basic customer inquiries. You can also speak with a customer service rep by calling 1-800-225-5532.