Dairy Queen is a very popular restaurant that serves a variety of frozen items. They are also a useful source for part-time and full-time employment options. This article is going to offer an overview of the Dairy Queen job application process and their employment opportunities. It will also offer some general interview and application advice as well.
Dairy Queen Employment Opportunities – Overview
Dairy Queen has much more to offer than enticing desserts. They offer a plethora of Dairy Queen job application opportunities that are perfect for students, earning a bit of extra cash for the holidays, and workers who are seeking their next potential long-term career.
Their most basic starting position is crew member. This position is the best fit for current students in high school, and has minimum base requirements. It’s also a good option for those who are just looking to earn a bit of extra cash on their days off from their main job.
If you already have some basic customer service experience, and are interested in a future management position, the next position to consider would be shift leader. This position takes basic management of the store and helps ensure smooth operation between shift changes.
The most experienced candidates will want to apply for either assistant manager or general manager. These positions pay relatively well, and are eligible for a variety of benefits that make them an attractive option to consider.
Dairy Queen Application Process
The most important thing to remember when applying online at Dairy Queen is that their official website does not connect directly to stores at this time. When you go to their employment section, it advises you to contact stores directly regarding potential employment opportunities.
There are still ways to apply for Dairy Queen locations online in your area. One of the most popular options is Snagajob. Their website has a wide range of employment opportunities at places like Dairy Queen.
1. The first thing you should do is register an account with them. To join, you will need an email address and a unique password.
2. Once your account is created, take a few minutes to create your employment profile. This profile will contain details like your employment history, scheduling preferences, educational background, and desired pay rate.
3. Once your account is created, just enter Dairy Queen and your zip code at the top of the page to see all the potential listings in your area.
4. When you find a potential job you are interested in, click the job title to learn more about the base requirements. The majority of the listings will have the basic requirements and a short job description for the posting. Many of them will also have the base pay rate as well.
5. If you feel you would be a good match for the position, click the orange “Apply Now” button to submit your Dairy Queen job application.
6. Be sure to pay careful attention to the instructions listed for each job. Some of them ask for you to send in your resume instead to a specific email address or fax number.
7. Once your Dairy Queen job application is submitted, you should receive an email confirmation.
8. Be sure to check your account regularly for updates regarding your application status.
Dairy Queen Job Openings
Crew Member Job Description
Crew Member Job Duties
- Assist customers in a prompt and friendly manner
- Create food items per company specifications
- Keep work area clean and tidy at all times
- Assist with replenishing stock throughout the day
- Accurately operate the cash register
Crew Member Job Requirements
The minimum age for this position is 16 years old, and there are no base education requirements.
Crew Member Salary & Benefits
The starting pay for this position is around $8 an hour, and it receives an employee discount on food items.
Crew Member Work Schedule
This job is part-time only, and works 20 to 30 hours each week.
Shift Leader Job Description
Shift Leader Job Duties
- Monitor key positions and ensure adequate coverage is maintained
- Train and develop associates
- Monitor cash positions throughout the store
- Check temperature gauges to ensure safe operating temperature
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Shift Leader Job Requirements
The minimum age for this position is 18 years old, and there are no formal education requirements.
Shift Leader Salary & Benefits
The starting pay for this position is $9 to $9.50 an hour, and it receives an employee discount on food purchases.
Shift Leader Work Schedule
These positions are part-time only, and work 20 to 30 hours each week.
Assistant Manager Job Description
Assistant Manager Job Duties
- Maximize profit by reducing labor and product costs where possible
- Order product and assist with putting away deliveries
- Ensure food safety procedures are being followed appropriately
- Train and develop associates
- Assist the general manager with various projects
Assistant Manager Job Requirements
The minimum age for this job is 18 years old, and a high school diploma or equivalent is required. At least one year of management experience is also required.
Assistant Manager Salary & Benefits
The starting pay for the assistant manager position is $10 to $11 an hour. This position is eligible for performance bonuses, 401k, health insurance, and vacation.
Assistant Manager Work Schedule
This job is full-time, and works an average of 40 hours each week, with occasional overtime.
General Manager Job Description
General Manager Job Duties
- Lead by example and maintain a positive image
- Reduce labor costs while reducing customer wait times
- Ensure all policies and procedures are being followed correctly
- Train and develop associates to retain top talent
- Grow store business and meet strict sales goals
General Manager Job Requirements
You must be at least 18 years old, with a high school diploma or equivalent, to apply for this position. You must also possess at least three years of management experience.
General Manager Salary & Benefits
The starting pay for this position is $12 to $13 an hour. It is eligible for a variety of bonuses and benefits like health insurance, 401k, and vacation time.
General Manager Work Schedule
This position works at least 40 hours each week, with frequent overtime during key business periods.
Dairy Queen Application & Interview Tips
The most important thing to remember when considering a Dairy Queen job application is that all of their locations are independently owned and operated. This means that things like the starting pay, base requirements, and job titles may differ slightly with each location.
With that in mind, remember to be somewhat flexible with your starting pay. In addition to starting pay, Dairy Queen really looks at the availability of potential applicants when making hiring decisions. Some of their busiest periods are over the weekend, and most stores will require at least some weekend availability. Try to leave your weekends open and maintain as much night availability as possible, to increase your chances of being hired.
As mentioned earlier, Dairy Queen recommends contacting your local store for Dairy Queen job application opportunities. If you do not see any postings on job boards like Snagajob for your area, consider calling or visiting your local location. It is best to call in advance to see what days and times work best for the location you are interested in.
Most restaurants conduct interviews from 10 am to 11 am, and from 2 pm to 4 pm. If you decide to visit a location to fill out a paper application, make sure that you dress business casual and bring a copy of your resume. You should also bring your own blue or black pen to fill out the application there.
For more difficult positions like general manager, consider attaching a cover letter to your resume. Include a summary of your relevant job history in the cover letter, and list any active certifications you have as well. This will help the hiring manager quickly determine if you meet the base requirements for the position.
Dairy Queen Opening Hours
Most Dairy Queen locations are open from 10 am to 10 pm each day. If you want to learn the opening and closing hours of specific Dairy Queen locations, use their Store Locator.
Dairy Queen Contact Information
If you want to contact Dairy Queen, you can do that on their official website. For basic customer concerns and questions about the Dairy Queen job application process, you can use their handy online contact form. If you prefer to speak directly with a customer service representative via phone, you can reach them at 1-866-793-7582.