The aim of this resource is to take you through the whole Target job application step-by-step. We will cover current job openings, salaries, requirements and other essential aspects of your potential career with this retailer. Learn everything you need to know about the Target job application process in the dedicated sections outlined below.
Target Employment Opportunities – Overview
To begin with, the company lists countless job opportunities in various fields on the official Target careers website. Additionally, their careers are classified by department, with 22 choices for potential candidates. A few examples of departments, typical duties and positions are:
- Administrative Support involves tasks like calendar coordination, working relationship management or call screening. (i.e. Senior Administrative Assistant)
- Advertising & Marketing aims to boost brand awareness and maintain customer loyalty. (i.e. Senior Digital Press Operator)
- Assets Protection & Loss Prevention maintains all-around security and increases profitability. (i.e. Senior Assets Protection Technician)
- Business Intelligence & Analytics forecasts trends and applies analytical assets to boost revenue. (i.e. Senior Analyst, Business Insights & Analytics)
- Brand management, Buying & Planning focuses on strict product selection. (i.e. Senior Merchandise Specialist)
Target Application Process
Prior to sending your Target job application, we recommend that you look at the careers page we previously spoke about. Here, you can find out more information about the company’s philosophy, employee culture and hiring events in your area. After that, follow the steps described below to submit your Target job application. Please note that the process takes approximately 45 minutes.
- Go to the Target job search page to find the openings in your area.
- Use the fields on the right side of your screen to enter the keyword and location you are interested in. They can be found under the search jobs heading in the area highlighted in green from the above screenshot.
- Select your desired radius, from 5 to 50 miles.
- Click the magnifying glass icon to submit your search criteria.
- Browse through the results for X (X meaning the keyword you typed), which are shown in the green area in the picture above.
- Click the job opening you are interested in.
- Scroll down to see all the information available for the position you desire.
- Click either one of the Apply Now buttons.
- Read the information here and press the Start button to begin your Target job application.
- Click the Find Jobs button under the category you want to apply for: Target Stores or Target Distribution Centers. Please note that the Target job application website requires you to search for the job again once you begin.
- Confirm that you are at least 18 years old.
- Click Continue.
- Enter your City, select your State and type your ZIP Code.
- Press Find Stores.
- Click Select this store for the one closest to you.
- Hit Continue.
- Select the Job areas you are interested in.
- Click the Continue button at the end of the page.
- Browse the categories and choose the positions you want to apply for.
- Press Next.
- Establish your job priorities.
- Click Next.
- Read the terms and click Continue.
- Fill out all the fields in the green box we made in the screen capture above. Do not skip any required fields.
Continue and go through the remaining steps to submit your Target job application.
Target Job Openings
1. Distribution Operations Manager Job Description
Distribution Operations Manager Job Duties
- Team management (20-40 members)
- Cross-department collaboration
- Supply chain efficiency planning
Distribution Operations Manager Job Requirements
- 4-year degree (or an equivalent)
- Communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Openness to the possibility of relocation
Distribution Operations Manager Salary & Benefits
- Salary – $56,896 – $94,000 a year
- Bonus – up to $1,738/year
- 10% employee discount
- 401k plan
- Flexible scheduling, etc.
Distribution Operations Manager Work Schedule
Managers for Distribution Operations at Target mostly have a full-time work schedule.
2. Grocery Director Job Description
Grocery Director Job Duties
- Senior Director of Store Operations reporting
- Grocery strategy & operations
- Partnerships with Store Operations, Grocery Merchandising and other groups
- Strategic objectives
- Innovation cost estimation
Grocery Director Job Requirements
- More than 8 years of experience in the field
- Strategic vision implementation
- Organizational change leadership
- Business partner influencing
- Experience in project management / process ownership
Grocery Director Salary & Benefits
- Salary – $51,565 – $85,000 a year
- Bonus – up to $3,900/year
- 401K Plan
- Vacation and paid time off
- Training and development
Grocery Director Work Schedule
Generally, the work schedule for grocery directors is full time. You should check with the hiring manager from the store for a confirmation.
3. Sales Floor Team Member Job Description
Sales Floor Team Member Job Duties
- Top customer service
- Store maintenance (cleanliness, aesthetic, etc.)
- New team member training
- Correct product placement and labels
- Merchandise movement with specific techniques and equipment
Sales Floor Team Member Job Requirements
- 18 years of age or older
- Openness to new technology
- Cleanliness and organizational skills
- Speed of response
- Cross training and working abilities
Sales Floor Team Member Salary & Benefits
- Salary – $7 – $15 per hour
- Bonus – $365
- Stock Bonus – ~ $70
- Commission Sharing – ~ $1,923
- Profit Sharing – ~ $200
- Tips – ~ $74
Sales Floor Team Member Work Schedule
Even though the working hours for sales floor team members aren’t listed in the job description, the company focuses on flexibility.
Benefits at Target
- Healthcare: Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans.
- Paid Time Off: Vacations, Holidays, Sick Days, Personal Days.
- Insurance: Life Insurance, Disability Insurance.
- Retirement: Pension Plan, 401(k) Retirement Plan.
- Special Benefits: Target Employee Discounts.
Target Application & Interview Tips
- Complete all the fields in the online application form.
- Add a resume, cover letter, and references to the online form.
- Proofread your application for spelling and grammar mistakes.
- Learn about the types of merchandise and services that Target offers, from their official website.
If you’re curious to learn more tips and tricks on how to ace your interview and online application, please feel free to browse our other similar career guides, such as the one for Walmart.
Examples of Target Interview Questions
- Why have you chosen to apply for Target employment?
- Do you have any previous experience in this department? What in your experience would you say recommends you for the position?
- Could you please tell me about a time when you didn’t manage to achieve a career goal?
- Could you please tell me about a time when you were required to give feedback?
- Could you please tell me about a time when you have made a mistake that has had a serious impact on the business?
- What are your hobbies?
- Which would you say are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
- How would you handle a difficult customer?
Target Opening Hours
The standard Target hours of operation are as follows:
- Monday- Saturday: 8:00 A.M. – 10:00 P.M.
- Sunday: 8:00 A.M. – 9:00 P.M.
Customers are advised to use the company’s store finder feature (Target near me), available at www.target.com/store-locator, and check to see If the Target store they are interested in abides by this standard schedule.
Target Contact Information
Target official site: WWW.TARGET.COM
The Customer Services department can be reached by phone or via online messaging. Customers can find the full details at www.target.com/contactus. The mailing address of the company is as follows: Target Corporate Headquarters, 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55403, Phone Number: +1 800-440-0680
For any other information about careers at Target or your Target job application, visit their corporate website.