Submit your British Airways Application today!
British Airways Store Hours
British Airways hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, because the company has flights all over the world. If you want to book a flight, just go to the Official Booking Page for British Airways and find the best option for you.
British Airways Contact Information
British Airways official site: www.britishairways.com
The company is headquartered in Waterside, Harmondsworth, England and has flights to 183 destination all across the globe. If you want to find out more detailed information about the company, then go the official British Airways Customer Service Page.
Minimum Age for Employment at British Airways
The minimum age for British Airways employment is 18. Anybody below this age limit will be deemed ineligible for the British Airways application process.
However, some British Airways jobs have a much higher minimum British Airways employment age because the academic achievements and the professional experience necessary for these can only be achieved by older candidates.
In order to make sure which is the minimum age for British Airways employment for your chosen job, read the job description on the Official British Airways Careers page.
British Airways Employment Opportunities
According to the Official British Airways Careers page, the company offers opportunities for British Airways employment in the following departments:
On the Ground
- Airport British Airways Careers
- Contact Centers British Airways Careers
- Engineering British Airways Careers
- Head Office British Airways Careers
In the Air
- Cabin Crew British Airways Careers
- Pilot British Airways Careers
- Future Pilots
Opportunities for Students and Graduates
- Industrial Placements
- Work Experience
Review all the options provided by the company to find the ideal British Airways career for you. Read all about the British Airways application process and about more tips for applying at BA below.
British Airways Application Process
The British Airways application process is rather intricate, so you are advised to take the time to read all the details about it on the British Airways Careers page. In this article, we will provide you with the main points of the British Airways application process.
- British Airways Application Process
- British Airways employs a variety of processing methods to asses candidates, so you need to be ready for anything
- Every candidate for any of the British Airways jobs needs to fill out his/her British Airways application online, via the British Airways Careers Portal; There is no printable British Airways jobs and employment form
- the online British Airways job application form differs among the various British Airways careers
- you might be required to upload your resume
- you might be asked to answer a series of multiple choice questions or some that require you to provide essay-like answers
- The Assessment Process
- All candidates whose British Airways applications are selected in the British Airways application process must go through the C process that entails a thorough evaluation of the candidate.
- Depending on the British Airways career that you are applying for, the assessment process will be different, but the British Airways hiring specialists will let you know what documents you will need to bring with you and what procedures you will take part in
- British Airways uses various assessment procedures
- Cabin Crew British Airways Careers
- Role related tests
- Role-play exercises
- Group exercises
- Competency Interview
- Security Interview
- GCSE certification/ attestation check
- Other British Airways Careers
- Primary Identity Documents – Passport, Residence Permit, Driving License, etc.
- Secondary Identity Documents – Mobile Phone Bill, Current Driving License, Birth Certificate, Work Permit, etc.
- Pre-Employment Checks
- before you can start your British Airways career, the company must complete a full background check for you before you can be admitted to the company
- Cabin Crew British Airways Careers
In order to see the available positions at British Airways, you need to click on the department of employment that you are interested.
You will be presented with a full description of the department and a presentation of the workplace, so that you determine whether or not it is a right fit for you. If you decide to submit your British Airways application, go to the bottom of the page and click on the Available careers link to see the British Airways job opportunities.
Click on the Our Jobs button in the left hand menu and browse the list to find the best British Airways job for you and then click on the job title to find a detailed description. To submit your British Airways application, click on the Apply button.
Then, you will begin the British Airways application process and you will go through it step by step, as described above.
Whether or not you are chosen for the following step of the British Airways application process, the company will notify you after every step.
Available British Airways Careers
Customer Service Adviser – Job Description and Duties
The main responsibility of the British Airways Customer Service Advisers is to talk to British Airways regular passengers who call in for assistance on various issues that they are experiencing with their flight process.
The aim of the Customer Service Adviser is to find efficient solutions to any problem presented by the passengers and to do so in the shortest time possible. Customer Service calls usually last approximately 30 minutes, because the British Airways Customer Service Adviser’s job is not done until the passenger is completely happy.
Customer Service Adviser – Salary and Compensation
The base salary for this British Airways career is £15,500 per year, which amounts to $23,850. Aside from this base salary, the employee will also receive shift payments, as well as a comprehensive performance bonus.
Cabin Crew – Job Description and Duties
Cabin crew members need to be a reflection of the British Airways core values because they are the main people that passengers associate with the airline.
Regardless of the duration of the flight, cabin crew members need to provide flawless customer care to all the passengers. They will address them respectfully and they will always have a reassuring smile on their faces, so as to create a calm and relaxed mood.
They will wear the British Airways uniform with pride and they will perform their duties according to the highest standards of quality in the business.
Cabin Crew – Salary and Compensation
The starting British Airways flight attendant salary for the Cabin Crew in Economy and Business Class department is an annual rate of £12,000, which amounts to $18,451. After six months, this base salary is increased to £12,500 ($19,220).
Then, as the British Airways employee continues to move up the Cabin Crew progression ladder, his/ her base salary will be continuously increased with every promotion, according to this quota:
- Qualified Cabin Crew – £13,000, which amounts to approximately $20,000
- World Class Cabin Crew – £14,000, which amounts to approximately $21,500
- Customer Service Manager -£25,000, which amounts to approximately $38,500
Aside from this base salary, the Cabin Crew employees are entitled to a comprehensive set of bonuses and a generous set of British Airways benefits.
Pilot – Job Description and Duties
The Pilot position is one of the most challenging British Airways careers and one of the most rewarding ones as well. British Airways hires only the most highly qualified professionals, who can abide by the company’s standards for safety and who want to persevere in their career, so that one day they may rise to the rank of Capitan.
Pilot – Salary and Compensation
An official British Airways pilot salary has not been disclosed by the company, precisely because the final rate is set according to the qualifications and the experience of the British Airways employee.
The British Airways salary for Airline Pilots/ Copilots varies between $56,000 and $180,300 annually, but the overall rate will be determined according to the performance of the employee.
British Airways Careers in Management
Customer Service Manager – Job Description and Duties
The British Airways Customer Service Manager will lead a team of highly trained Cabin Crew employees and will inspire them to give their best every single day, so that the passengers can feel that they are appreciated by British Airways.
He/ She will supervise the Cabin Crew team while in the air and will ensure that they represent the British Airways core values at all times. The Customer Service Manager will contribute significantly in the hiring process of the Cabin Crew staff, so as make sure that only the best candidates are chosen for these positions.
Then, he/ she will proceed to train them for Cabin Crew employment and will conduct periodic training sessions for the entire staff.
Customer Service Manager – Salary and Compensation
The base salary for the Customer Service Manager position is an annual rate of $38,400. Additionally, this position is also eligible for elapsed hourly rate and for a Performance Bonus that could increase the overall salary of the Customer Service Manager with up to 20% of the base salary.
The Customer Service Manager Position also comes with a generous pack of British Airways benefits.
Benefits at British Airways
The British Airways benefits offered to employees are included in special packs for the various British Airways jobs. According to the eligibility criteria determined by the company’s Human Resources specialists, the employees are entitled to the following benefits:
- Healthcare Coverage
- Medical Plan
- Prescription Coverage
- Vision Plan
- Dental Plan
- Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vacation Time
- Sick Days
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Flight Tickets at special prices
- Special discounts for retail companies, gym memberships and various services
Basic British Airways Application Tips
The British Airways application process is lengthy and complex, so you need to be patient and go through every step at the time. Here are some helpful tips for the application process that are definitely worthy of your attention:
- Always provide honest answers for the questions in the application forms
- If you are required to provide your resume
- Read it again thoroughly and make sure you have included every relevant piece of information that might relay that you are the right choice for the British Airways job
- Make sure that your resume is not too long; try to provide short descriptions that are enticing and easy to read, so that the British Airways hiring specialists
- If you are presented with essay-type questions
- Take your time and think about the answer that you are going to provide; You can rewrite it and edit it until it is perfect
- Always proofread your answers before going to the next step, because spelling and grammar mistakes might portray you are being careless
- Do not exceed the word limit, even if the British Airways application portal permits it
- If you are presented with multiple-choice questions
- Try not to over-think your answers
- Always provide truthful answers
Advanced British Airways Application Tips
The best possible tip for applying for any of the British Airways jobs is to review the requirements and the responsibilities of the job thoroughly before beginning the British Airways application process.
Then, you will need to have patience throughout every step of the process and to remain confident throughout all the assessment procedures.
British Airways Hiring Process Information
After you complete the British Airways application process, you will have to undergo the assessment procedures that are deemed necessary for your chosen British Airways career. Before the assessment process, you might be asked to complete an online or a telephone interview.
For the Cabin Crew British Airways careers, the assessment procedures are complex exercises that are meant to reveal whether or not the candidate is a good fit for the position. For other British Airways jobs, the assessment procedures might entail a thorough check of their documents.
The candidates who are deemed eligible for British Airways employment are then called in for the interview process that might include one or more sessions according the policies set by British Airways hiring specialists.
The last step of the British Airways hiring process is the Pre-Employment check that entails a detailed background check of all the candidates for British Airways jobs.
British Airways Interview Tips
If you have made it to the Interview step of the British Airways hiring process, then you stand a solid chance at British Airways employment. This means that you need to be confident for the interview and that you need to keep up your dedication to the hiring process.
You need to be prepared when you go to the British Airways interview. You will need to conduct your very own research about the company, because you need to know all about its core values and the policies that it has developed for the department that you are applying for.
Lastly, you will need to choose a suitable interview outfit that will depict you as professional and confident. It is advisable that you choose business style attire and that you feel comfortable in the clothes that you choose.
Examples of British Airways Interview Questions
Given the fact that the interview process differs among the British Airways jobs, the interview questions generally differ as well according to the department and the specific job. However, there are some questions that are used for the first step of the interview process that come up in the interviews for a wide variety of British Airways jobs, such as:
- Why do you want to work for British Airways?
- What do you know about the position you have applied for?
- Could you please walk me through the last two years of your life?
These are some examples of questions used for the Customer Services department:
- Could you please tell me about a time when you went out of your way in order to assist a customer?
- What would you do if you disagreed profoundly with a decision that your supervisor has made?
- What do you regard as high quality customer service?
Try to provide enticing and powerful interview answers and remain truthful all throughout the process. Once again, have patience because the British Airways hiring process is lengthy and you will need to adapt to the conditions presented to you by the company.
Image Source: cdn1.tnwcdn.com