AMC offers a variety of full-time and part-time positions at their growing number of theatre locations. This article is going to offer a general overview of some of their current employment opportunities, and focus on five of their most popular options. It will also include some AMC job application advice and interview tips as well.
AMC Employment Opportunities – Overview
AMC has a lot to offer potential job seekers. They are regularly expanding, and have a broad range of opportunities that are suitable for part-time workers, current college students seeking internships, and individuals seeking a career in management.
One of their most basic positions for part-time employees is the crew position. This job fills a wide range of roles including ushers, concessionists, and cashiers. It is the most suitable option for workers seeking a flexible schedule, and those with limited employment history.
Another part-time position to consider for some extra cash is bartender. This position is a great fit for applicants who value having a bit of extra spending cash at the end of each shift in the form of tips.
If you’re just about finished with your college degree, consider applying for their internship program that runs from mid-May to mid-June each year. They have a variety of positions in areas like finance, management, and advertising to consider.
There are also plenty of options in various management positions to consider as well. These positions offer a variety of benefits that make them an attractive option for job seekers who are looking for a more long-term career investment.
AMC Application Process
AMC makes it easy to fill out an AMC job application using their careers page.
1. To get started, click the designated work area that you are most interested in. Some of the categories they have on their page include crew, theatre management, and dine-in.
2. After you click the category you are interested in, you will receive a breakdown of the types of positions that are available. Click the “Learn More” button to find out more information about each position.
3. When you find one that suits you, click the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of the page. This will take you to the default job search page for all positions.
4. Simply enter the job title you were interested in and your location information in the second box. The location field can be a bit finicky. Try entering your city only, and select the full location information that matches your area once the suggestions finish auto-populating.
5. You will see all of the available positions that match your search results organized by posting date. Click the job title to be taken to the job summary page with the basic requirements.
6. If you meet the minimum requirements and wish to proceed, click the red “Apply to job” button at the bottom of the screen.
7. You will need to register an account on your first visit. Click the red link at the bottom that says “Don”t have an account yet?” to sign up. You will need to enter your employment and education history, contact information, and create a unique username and password.
8. Once your account is created and you have finished the AMC job application, you will receive a confirmation email.
9. Be sure to check your email regularly for updates regarding your application status.
AMC Job Openings
Crew Job Description
Crew Job Duties
- Assist customers with locating the correct theatre section
- Make product recommendations as necessary
- Operate cash registers and provide correct change
- Maintain a theatre environment that is free of disturbances
- Address guest concerns when needed
Crew Job Requirements
There are no minimum educational requirements, and applicants must be at least 16 years old.
Crew Salary & Benefits
Most crew members start at between $8.50 and $9 an hour, and receive free movie screenings.
Crew Work Schedule
Crew members are part-time only, and work 20 to 30 hours each week.
Bartender Job Description
Bartender Job Duties
- Verify guests’ age before processing alcohol sales
- Ensure drinks are being consumed in designated areas only
- Maintain inventory of all liquor currently in stock
- Restock casings as needed throughout the day
- Other duties as assigned by management
Bartender Job Requirements
The minimum age for this position is 21 years old, and certifications may be required based on the state the position is in.
Bartender Salary & Benefits
Bartenders typically make between $5 and $6 an hour. They also receive tips from customers as part of their compensation plan. This position comes with free movie screenings and other discounts.
Bartender Work Schedule
Bartenders are part-time positions that work 20 to 30 hours each week.
Manager Job Description
Manager Job Duties
- Ensure guests are satisfied with all aspects of their visit
- Train and develop associates
- Grow store business and meet strict goals
- Reduce turnover by promoting a positive work environment
- Address scheduling issues to ensure adequate coverage
Manager Job Requirements
The minimum age for this position is 18 years old, and experience in a leadership role is also required.
Manager Salary & Benefits
The average starting salary for this position is around $55,000 a year. This position is eligible for bonuses, 401k, health insurance, and vacation time.
Manager Work Schedule
Managers work 40 hours or more each week.
Supervisor Job Description
Supervisor Job Duties
- Maintain work area and make sure lobby is free of debris at all times
- Develop associates and ensure appropriate procedures are being followed
- Assist with scheduling issues as needed
- Grow store business by actively educating others about promotions
- Work directly with the manager to continue to develop management skills
Supervisor Job Requirements
The minimum age for this position is 18 years old. There are no educational requirements for this position.
Supervisor Salary & Benefits
The starting pay for this position is $10 to $10.50 an hour. It is eligible for benefits like health insurance, vacation, and 401k.
Supervisor Work Schedule
The supervisor position can be either full-time or part-time. The hours worked range from 20 to 40 hours each week.
Kitchen Manager Job Description
Kitchen Manager Job Duties
- Order product as needed and assist with unloading deliveries
- Ensure proper food safety procedures are being followed
- Train new associates and assist with coaching as needed
- Conduct interviews for positions in the designated work area
- Help the general manager grow store business
Kitchen Manager Job Requirements
The minimum age for this position is 21 years old, and a culinary degree is strongly preferred. A minimum of one year of experience in a kitchen environment is required.
Kitchen Manager Salary & Benefits
The starting pay for this position is around $44,000 a year, and it comes with benefits like bonuses, 401k, health insurance, and vacation.
Kitchen Manager Work Schedule
The majority of these positions are full-time, and work 32 to 40 hours each week.
AMC Application & Interview Tips
The biggest thing to remember when filling out an AMC job application is that they maintain a focus on customer satisfaction. This means that they are looking for candidates who will do their best to ensure that guests are satisfied each and every visit.
It is important that you really focus on your customer service skills and history when filling out your AMC job application information. Be sure to correctly tally up all of your years of customer service experience. For workers with no employment history, you can include your experience volunteering at places like animal shelters, as long as you had regular interaction with customers.
The next thing to remember is that movie theatres are open late hours. This means that they have a strong preference for applicants with open availability. Even if you’re in college, try to include as many late nights that you are available as possible on your application.
When it comes time to interview, it is best to look the part. Consider wearing solid black pants and shoes with a neutral colored dress shirt. This will help the interviewer determine that you fit the image standards that the company has laid out for its employees.
AMC Opening Hours
Most AMC locations open around 11 AM and close after their last midnight showing. If you’re interested in learning more about specific AMC locations, use their locator tool.
AMC Contact Information
Any questions you may have about the AMC job application process can be answered on their official website. You can use their Contact Us page for inquiries. If you want to speak directly with a customer service representative, you can contact them via telephone at 1-877-262-4450.