Chili’s is a very popular quick service restaurant that caters to both sit down and take out customers. They have a wide range of employment opportunities that are perfect for busy students, as well as career minded individuals. This article is going to cover their basic employment opportunities. It will also offer several interview and Chili’s job application tips.
Chili’s Employment Opportunities – Overview
Chili’s has a wide assortment of employment opportunities that are perfect for those seeking a career, or those who just want a part-time gig that offers a bit of extra spending cash. The positions are updated quite frequently, and many of the busier locations frequently conduct open hiring events.
For those of you who have experience in management, there are several restaurant manager positions to consider all across the United States. These positions pay really well, and have an excellent benefits package.
There are also loads of jobs that are suitable for college students who need a flexible schedule. A prime example is the host position that helps seat customers and manages waiting lists. Another position that is suitable for those who prefer to stay behind the scenes is the line cook.
No matter what your interests are, be sure you check their website regularly. They are always updating their listings, and locations are constantly being added.
Chili’s Application Process
To start your Chili’s job application, visit their career website on your desktop or laptop. You can search for job postings via keyword and location. To maximize your results, you should always search by your city and state, and leave the keyword portion blank. The search results are displayed based on job title and location.
1. If you are interested in learning more about a given position, click the job title to be taken to the job summary page.
2. Review the basic requirements to make sure you are a good prospective match for the position.
3. If you wish to continue with your Chili’s job application, click the red “Apply” button.
4. The next screen will ask you to log in using a username and password. If you have never applied to Chili’s before, click the gray “New User” button at the bottom.
5. You will need to create a username and password to set up your new account.
6. Once this is done, you will create your employment profile by filling your employment and educational history. You will also answer questions relating to your scheduling preferences and desired pay rate.
7. Once this is complete, you can use your account to apply for the positions you are interested in.
8. Each position will have its own personality test associated with it, to measure your aptitude for the position. Answer these questions carefully and honestly to increase your chances of moving forward in the selection process.
9. Once you complete the aptitude test, you will receive an email confirmation. All future messages will arrive via email regarding your interest in the position.
Chili’s Job Openings
Host Job Description
Host Job Duties
- Greet guests as they arrive
- Manage waiting lists
- Involve management in guest concerns as appropriate
- Answer telephone calls within three rings
- Assists fellow team members when needed
Host Job Requirements
The minimum age for hosting is generally 16 years old, with no minimum education requirements.
Host Salary & Benefits
The average host salary at Chili’s is $9 an hour. Benefits like health insurance, 401k, and vacation time are available.
Host Work Schedule
Most hosting positions are part-time, and work 20 to 30 hours each week.
Line Cook Job Description
Line Cook Job Duties
- Learn and execute all store recipes
- Maintain and clean kitchen throughout the work day
- Follow company safety and sanitation procedures
- Communicate ticket times to other team members
- Maintain a continuous flow of food tickets
Line Cook Job Requirements
You must be at least 18 years old to be a line cook, and there is no minimum educational requirement.
Line Cook Salary & Benefits
Line cooks typically make between $11 and $12 an hour, based on their experience. They are eligible for benefits like health insurance and paid vacation as part of their employment.
Line Cook Work Schedule
Most line cooks are full-time, and work 32 to 40 hours each week.
Dishwasher Job Description
Dishwasher Job Duties
- Wash and clean pots, pans, and utensils
- Organize and clean the dish room as needed
- Keep pace with daily business to maintain a stock of clean dishes
- Other duties as assigned by management
Dishwasher Job Requirements
You need to be at least 16 years old to be considered for the dishwasher position. There are no current education requirements for this position.
Dishwasher Salary & Benefits
Most dishwasher positions start at $9 an hour. Eligible employees may enroll in benefits like health insurance, 401k, and vacation time.
Dishwasher Work Schedule
Dishwasher positions are mainly part-time, and work 20 to 30 hours each week.
Prep Cook Job Description
Prep Cook Job Duties
- Execute recipes per company standards
- Prepare a variety of foods using multiple preparation methods
- Adhere to company safety and sanitation procedures
- Complete assigned prep work and set up workstations
- Other duties as assigned by management
Prep Cook Job Requirements
You must be at least 18 years old to be a prep cook. There are no educational requirements, but a prior food service background is preferred.
Prep Cook Salary & Benefits
Most prep cooks at Chili’s start at $10 an hour, and are eligible for a variety of benefits like health insurance and vacation pay.
Prep Cook Work Schedule
Prep cooks are mainly full-time positions, and work 32 to 40 hours each week.
Store Manager Job Description
Store Manager Job Duties
- Lead and drive the daily restaurant operations
- Adhere and uphold the company food preparation and quality standards
- Coach and develop store talent
- Promote a positive guest experience
- Grow business from year to year
Store Manager Job Requirements
The minimum age to be considered for the store manager position is 18 years old. Applicants must possess at least two years of food service management experience.
Store Manager Salary & Benefits
Most Chili’s store managers start around $45,000 a year, based on experience and store size. This is a salaried position with benefits like health insurance, 401k, vacation, and bonuses based on store growth.
Store Manager Work Schedule
Chili’s store managers typically work 40 hours each, with occasional overtime based on store volume.
Chili’s Application & Interview Tips
The most important tip to remember when filling out a Chili’s job application is that some of the store locations are franchises. This means that some of the job postings will direct to a third-party website that is owned and operated by the franchise owner.
If you apply for a job posting at a franchise store location, remember that the employment process may differ than that discussed in this article. The Chili’s job application opportunities covered in here are for corporately operated stores. This also means that things like starting pay and benefits availability may differ as well.
Just remember to follow the exact instructions that are listed on the franchises’ websites. Most of them will have a similar process that requires you to create an account to complete your Chili’s job application. Make sure that your resume is as up to date as possible to make the account creation process easier.
For corporate operated store locations, your user account information can be used to apply for a variety of positions at all other corporate-owned stores in your area. When it comes time for the interview, there are a few basic tips to remember.
The most important thing is that Chili’s has a strong focus on guest satisfaction. A very common question interviewers will ask applicants is how they would handle an upset guest. Be sure that you are prepared for this answer, and rehearse it with a friend or family member beforehand.
There is no exact right or wrong answer to the question. What the interviewer is looking for is that you acknowledge the customer’s concern, and have a sense of empathy. Besides that, they want to see that you would do what you could to make the customer happy.
Chili’s Opening Hours
The exact hours of each Chili’s location will vary, with most being open from 11 AM to 11 PM. For specific Chili’s store hours, use their Store Locator.
Chili’s Contact Information
You can submit any questions you may have about the Chili’s job application process on Chili’s official website. For basic comments, you can use their contact us page to leave a message. You can also reach customer service directly at 1-800-983-4637.