Dunkin’ Donuts offers a wide range of employment opportunities that are perfect for college students, new workers, as well as experienced management professionals. This article is going to offer an overview of their employment opportunities, and cover their five main job postings. It will also offer some interview tips, and provide a breakdown of the Dunkin’ Donuts job application process.
Dunkin’ Donuts Employment Opportunities – Overview
Dunkin’ Donuts has continued to grow their store locations each year, with lots of positions being regularly posted on their website. They offer both full-time and part-time positions, with a variety of different benefits, based on the franchise owner and the area the store is located in.
Their most popular entry-level position is crew member. This is where a lot of students in high school choose to start. It is also very popular with current college students, due to its flexible scheduling.
If you have worked in the food service industry before, and are looking to expand into a leadership role, the shift leader position is a great place to start. It has a lot more responsibility, and directly reports to the store manager and assistant store manager.
For those of you who have a passion for baking and cooking, the baker position is a great start. It generally works very early in the morning to prepare all of the delicious donuts for later in the day.
Dunkin’ Donuts Application Process
To start the Dunkin’ Donuts job application, visit their career website. The way Dunkin’ Donuts breaks down their job listings is by category. You can only apply for postings by using one category at a time. The categories on their website are crew member, shift leader, baker/finisher, assistant restaurant manager, and restaurant manager.
1. Click the category that you are most interested in to be taken to the job search page.
2. You will need to input your zip code and your desired search radius to see all of the available stores in your area.
3. Click the gray “Go” button to see all of the stores in your area.
4. Take your time and select all of the stores that you are interested in working in. Their website will send your completed Dunkin’ Donuts job application to all of the stores you select when you finish applying. This helps save time in the long run.
5. Click the “Next” button in the corner to continue.
6. The next section will help you set up your account for the very first time. You will create a unique user ID and password that you can use to complete future applications. You will also fill out all of your employment history, and list your educational background.
7. You will have to agree to various disclosures to complete your Dunkin’ Donuts job application.
8. Once it is submitted, you will receive an email confirmation.
9. Be sure to check your email and phone regularly, since the preferred contact method will differ from store to store.
10. If you want to apply for other positions, visit the career website again and select another category.
Dunkin’ Donuts Job Openings
Crew Member Job Description
Crew Member Job Duties
- Assist customers in a quick and friendly manner
- Inform guests about various promotions when appropriate
- Operate cash register and provide correct change
- Bag orders as accurately as possible
- Keep the store clean according to company standards
Crew Member Job Requirements
You must be at least 16 years old to be a crew member, and there are no minimum educational requirements.
Crew Member Salary & Benefits
Most crew member salaries start between $8 and $9 an hour, and members are eligible for employee discounts.
Crew Member Work Schedule
The majority of crew member jobs are part-time only, and work 20 to 30 hours a week.
Shift Leader Job Description
Shift Leader Job Duties
- Resolve any guest concerns in a timely manner
- Lead by example
- Assist with scheduling issues as they arise
- Ensure proper food handling procedures are being followed
- Help develop store talent
Shift Leader Job Requirements
Most shift leader positions require applicants to be at least 18 years old, with no minimum educational requirements.
Shift Leader Salary & Benefits
Most shift leaders start from $9 to $9.50 an hour. They are eligible for benefits like health insurance.
Shift Leader Work Schedule
Shift leader positions can be either full-time or part-time, and work anywhere from 20 to 40 hours each week.
Baker/Finisher Job Description
Baker/Finisher Job Duties
- Clean and maintain store equipment
- Learn company recipes and ensure they are followed
- Assist customers during downtime
- Help with truck deliveries
- Other duties as assigned by management
Baker/Finisher Job Requirements
You must be at least 18 years old to apply for this position. No formal education is required, but preference is given to applicants who have baking experience.
Baker/Finisher Salary & Benefits
Bakers start at around $9 an hour, and receive benefits like health insurance and 401k when they reach the required hours.
Baker/Finisher Work Schedule
Most baker positions are full-time, and are required to work early mornings or late nights. They average 32 to 40 hours a week.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Job Description
Assistant Restaurant Manager Job Duties
- Coach and develop associates while maintaining a positive attitude
- Grow store business by informing customers about promotions
- Monitor employee actions to ensure food safety guidelines are being followed
- Balance vault and document cash shortages
- Make deposits as needed and assist store manager
Assistant Restaurant Manager Job Requirements
Assistant restaurant managers must be at least 18 years old, and a high school diploma or equivalent is strongly preferred. Management experience at a food service restaurant is required.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Salary & Benefits
Most assistant restaurant managers start at $11 to $12 an hour. They are eligible for health insurance, 401k, and vacation time.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Work Schedule
Assistant restaurant managers are full-time only, and work an average of 40 hours each week.
Restaurant Manager Job Description
Restaurant Manager Job Duties
- Conduct interviews to ensure staffing needs are met
- Train and develop associates while reducing turnover
- Ensure guest concerns are being adequately addressed
- Clean and maintain the store
- Make deposits and receive cash deliveries throughout the week
Restaurant Manager Job Requirements
The minimum age for restaurant managers is 18 years old. A high school diploma or equivalency is strongly preferred, and experience in restaurant management is required.
Restaurant Manager Salary & Benefits
Most restaurant manager positions are salaried, and start from $38,000 to $40,000 a year, based on experience and store volume. They are eligible for benefits like 401k, health insurance, and bonuses.
Restaurant Manager Work Schedule
Restaurant managers work at least 40 hours each week, with occasional overtime.
Dunkin’ Donuts Application & Interview Tips
The biggest thing to remember when filling out a Dunkin’ Donuts job application is that they have no corporately owned locations. This means that all of the stores you will be applying at are owned by franchisees, and will have their own unique pay scale and benefits package.
With that in mind, the Dunkin’ Donuts website is the main employment resource for connecting to multiple store locations at once. You will occasionally not find a location in your area on their website. When this happens, it means that the location is not set up to receive electronic applications. You will need to visit the store and inquire about potential positions while filling out a paper application.
Dunkin’ Donuts is big on customer satisfaction, and is looking for employees who will go above and beyond to ensure that guests are satisfied. That is why managers will frequently ask applicants to give them an example of how they turned an upset guest into a satisfied one.
Be ready for this question, and have a specific example in mind. If this is your first job, give them a hypothetical answer. Remember that the most important elements they are looking for are that you acknowledge the customer’s issue with empathy, and seek to resolve it in a timely fashion.
Another thing to remember when interviewing is that you need to be as honest as possible about your availability. For part-time positions, this isn’t usually a problem, and Dunkin’ Donuts is known for their flexible schedule.
Dunkin’ Donuts Opening Hours
Dunkin’ Donuts hours will vary by location, with many being open 24 hours. For any hour variations, use the Store Locator on their website.
Dunkin’ Donuts Contact Information
The official Dunkin’ Donuts website is a great resourced when you have questions related to the Dunkin’ Donuts job application process. For basic customer inquiries, they have an email section under their contact page. Customer service can also be reached via phone at 1-800-447-0013.