IHOP is a very successful restaurant that continues to post a wide range of positions that are suitable for both full-time and part-time job seekers. This article is going to offer an overview of their employment opportunities, and cover five of their job postings in greater detail. It will also offer some IHOP job application advice as well, and focus on some interview tips.
IHOP Employment Opportunities – Overview
IHOP is a rapidly growing organization the continually updates their employment listings. One of the most prominent positions you will find on their website is the crew listing. These postings are generally for brand new locations that are hosting open hiring events to fill cook and server positions. They are a great way to get your foot in the door with a location that is in desperate need of new workers.
The kitchen supervisor position is a more suitable option for applicants who have a sound understanding of food safety practice,s and have already worked in a food service setting. It directly reports to the store manager, and it’s a great way to begin your management career path.
The general manager position is reserved for the most experienced applicants, and comes with a variety of benefits that make it a viable position to consider. Another position to consider that still comes with competitive pay is assistant manager. It has many of the same benefits, but has slightly less strict requirements for consideration.
IHOP Application Process
To start your IHOP job application, visit the careers portal. The careers are divided into two different categories: restaurant careers and corporate careers.
1. Click the blue restaurant careers button to be taken to the job listing page. The default view displays all of the available postings company wide, regardless of location.
2. Click the button labeled “Search Open Jobs” on the left-hand side of the screen to access a search page with several different query options. You can search via keyword, location, and job category.
3. Once you have entered your preferred search criteria, click the red “Submit” button to see the updated job postings. The positions are displayed based on their posting date, with the most recent results appearing on the first page.
4. If you are interested in learning more about a position, click the job title to be taken to the job summary page. It will display some of the most basic requirements associated with the position.
5. Review the requirements to make sure you are suitable for the position.
6. When you’re ready to proceed, click the blue “Apply On-line” link at the bottom of the page.
7. Users who have applied before will have the opportunity to log in using their account credentials.
8. If this is your first time applying, click the “Click here to create a new account.” link. You will need to create a username, password, and complete your employment profile.
9. Once this is complete, you can apply for the given position.
10. Once you have finished your IHOP job application, you will receive an automated email thanking you for your interest.
11. Be sure to check your email regularly, since interview requests are also sent to your registered email address.
IHOP Job Openings
Kitchen Supervisor Job Description
Kitchen Supervisor Job Duties
- Maintain work area according to company standards
- Ensure food safety policies are being adhered to at all times
- Memorize recipes for a variety of dishes
- Train and develop new line cooks
- Assist with other tasks as needed
Kitchen Supervisor Job Requirements
You must be at least 18 years old to be a kitchen supervisor, and there are no minimum educational requirements.
Kitchen Supervisor Salary & Benefits
Most kitchen supervisor salaries start between $12 and $13 an hour, based on experience. They are eligible for benefits like health insurance, 401k, and vacation.
Kitchen Supervisor Work Schedule
Most kitchen supervisor positions are full-time, and work 35 to 40 hours each week.
General Manager Job Description
General Manager Job Duties
- Coach and develop associates while reducing turnover
- Ensure guests receive exemplary service
- Make sure that all food safety guidelines are being followed
- Order product and assist with truck deliveries
- Complete cash deposits and manage vault count
General Manager Job Requirements
You must be at least 18 years old, and have a high school diploma or equivalent, to be considered for the general manager posting. A minimum of two years experience is also required.
General Manager Salary & Benefits
General managers typically make between $40,000 and $45,000 a year, based on experience and store volume. They are eligible for benefits like health insurance, vacation, and bonuses.
General Manager Work Schedule
This position is salaried and full-time, with a minimum weekly commitment of 40 hours.
Assistant Manager Job Description
Assistant Manager Job Duties
- Help maintain staffing levels and assist with scheduling issues
- Monitor associate performance and coach as needed
- Always resolve customer care issues in an effective manner
- Assist general manager with various tasks
- Grow business by educating associates and customers about promotions
Assistant Manager Job Requirements
You must be at least 18 years old, with a high school diploma or equivalent, to be considered for this position. A minimum of two years restaurant experience is also required.
Assistant Manager Salary & Benefits
Most assistant managers make between $35,000 and $40,000 a year, based on experience and store volume. This position comes with benefits like health insurance and vacation pay.
Assistant Manager Work Schedule
Assistant managers work 40 hours each week, with occasional overtime during busy periods.
Multi-unit Manager Job Description
Multi-unit Manager Job Duties
- Monitor store growth in designated area
- Cover other areas when fellow managers are on vacation
- Interview applicants for management positions
- Document shortages and ensure policies are being followed
- Promote continued guests satisfaction
Multi-unit Manager Job Requirements
The minimum age for this position is 18 years old, and it requires a high school diploma or equivalent. At least five years of equivalent management experience is also needed.
Multi-unit Manager Salary & Benefits
The starting pay for this position is usually $60,000 and higher. This amount varies based on the size of the territory assigned. Benefits like health insurance and 401k come with this position.
Multi-unit Manager Work Schedule
This is a full-time salaried position that typically works at least 45 hours each week.
Crew Job Description
Crew Job Duties
- Manage waiting lists and escort guest to open seating
- Clean booths and remove used plates
- Prepare dishes according to company policy
- Operate cash register and provide correct change
- Other duties as assigned by management
Crew Job Requirements
The minimum age for this position is 16 years old, and there are no educational requirements.
Crew Salary & Benefits
The pay for this job posting varies based on the area you are assigned. For regular hourly associates, the pay starts at around $8 an hour, and comes with benefits like an employee discount.
Crew Work Schedule
Most crew positions are part-time only, and work 20 to 30 hours each week.
IHOP Application & Interview Tips
IHOP has standardized the IHOP job application process to be the same for both franchised locations and corporate stores. You can easily tell if a posting is for a franchised location by looking at the company heading of the job search page.
If it shows anything besides International House of Pancakes LLC, it is a franchise. This means that the base pay and benefits may differ considerably than what is mentioned in this guide. With that in mind, there are a few basic tips to consider to make your interview go smoothly.
The most important thing to remember is that IHOP seeks to maintain a positive guest experience throughout their dining visit. This means that employees are expected to act quickly to address customer concerns, and deal with them accordingly.
Hiring managers will frequently ask applicants to tell them about a confrontational experience with a customer, and explain how they resolved it. Take your time and rehearse this question with a friend or family member to make sure your answer is as polished as possible.
Another big thing at IHOP is availability. They are always looking for employees with availability in the late evening hours and on the weekend. If possible, leave your availability as open as possible in your IHOP job application, to increase your chances of getting hired.
IHOP Opening Hours
The majority of IHOP locations are open 24 hours. However, there might be slight schedule changes depending on day and location. You can find the specific location hours using their Store Locator.
IHOP Contact Information
The best way to get your IHOP job application questions answered is to visit their official website. For comments or concerns, you can use their online contact form, or call them directly at 1-866-444-5144.