Zaxby’s is a fast-growing restaurant chain that offers a broad range of exciting career opportunities. This article is going to offer an overview of their job openings, and cover five of them in greater detail. It will also offer some general Zaxby’s job application and interview advice as well.
Zaxby’s Employment Opportunities – Overview
Zaxby’s is a suitable place for both part-time employees and those who prefer a more full-time gig. For part-time work, the cashier is a great position to consider that has minimal starting requirements.
If you prefer working behind the scenes, a position as a cook may be a great fit instead. These positions are still suitable for entry-level employees, and come in both full-time and part-time varieties.
Candidates with a background in management will likely want to shoot for positions like the assistant manager or general manager. Both of these postings are full-time, and are eligible for a variety of benefits.
If you have some experience working in a restaurant, and are looking for a way to branch off into management, the shift manager position may be a great fit for you. Zaxby’s job application opportunities are always being updated, so be sure to check back frequently for new and exciting opportunities.
Zaxby’s Application Process
Applying at Zaxby’s is slightly different than at many other employers. Their restaurant opportunities are all handled at the store level, and there is no central location on their company website that lists all of the current Zaxby’s job application opportunities.
Some of the most popular websites that are regularly updated with Zaxby’s store opportunities are SnagAJob and Glassdoor. Both of these options require an account to apply for job postings, and are free to join.
1. During your account creation process, you will have the opportunity to create an employment profile.
2. Remember to include all of your relevant job experience and professional certifications.
3. There is also the option to upload a copy of your resume that you can attach directly to job postings as well.
4. The exact registration process will differ slightly based on the job board you are currently using. Be sure that you pay careful attention to the instructions, and make sure all your contact information is accurate.
5. You have the option of using social media profiles as a way to sign in.
6. It is important to verify that your email address is current during this process, to make sure you receive employment correspondences.
Zaxby’s Job Openings
Cashier Job Description
Cashier Job Duties
- Greet customers in a professional manner
- Take orders and ensure that they are as accurate as possible
- Provide correct change when operating the cash register
- Verify food is fresh and safe
- Other duties as assigned by management
Cashier Job Requirements
There are no formal education requirements, and the minimum age for this position is 16 years old.
Cashier Salary & Benefits
Most cashier positions start at around $8 an hour ,and receive employee meal discounts.
Cashier Work Schedule
The majority of cashier job openings are part-time only, and work 20 to 30 hours each week.
Cook Job Description
Cook Job Duties
- Prepare a variety of recipes while following company guidelines
- Ensure food is being kept at safe temperatures throughout the day
- Clean and maintain designated store area
- Resolve customer complaints as needed
- Other duties as assigned by management
Cook Job Requirements
The minimum age to be a cook is 16 years old, and no formal education or training is required.
Cook Salary & Benefits
Most cooks start anywhere from $8 to $9 an hour. They are eligible for benefits like 401k, health insurance, and vacation.
Cook Work Schedule
Cooks can be either full-time or part-time, and work anywhere from 20 to 40 hours each week.
Shift Manager Job Description
Shift Manager Job Duties
- Monitor key positions throughout the store
- Ensure proper food safety procedures are being followed
- Train associates as needed
- Assist with scheduling issues
- Make deposits as needed
Shift Manager Job Requirements
You must be at least 18 years old to be a shift manager, and experience working in a restaurant is also required.
Shift Manager Salary & Benefits
The starting pay for shift managers is anywhere from $9 to $10 an hour. They are eligible for benefits like health insurance, 401k, and vacation time.
Shift Manager Work Schedule
Shift manager positions are mainly full-time, and work 32 to 40 hours each week.
Assistant Manager Job Description
Assistant Manager Job Duties
- Coach and develop associates
- Monitor food and ensure proper food safety procedures are always followed
- Check product levels and assist with truck ordering
- Make deposits as needed
- Maintain store and property by adhering to maintenance standards
Assistant Manager Job Requirements
The minimum age for assistant managers is 18 years old, and a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Assistant Manager Salary & Benefits
The starting pay for this position is $29,000 to $30,000 a year, based on store size and experience. This position is eligible for bonuses, 401k, health insurance, and vacation time.
Assistant Manager Work Schedule
This position works at least 40 hours each week, with frequent overtime.
General Manager Job Description
General Manager Job Duties
- Develop and retain top talent within the store
- Continue to grow store business and meet required benchmarks
- Schedule associates to ensure adequate coverage during key hours
- Make deposits and manage cash deliveries
- Ensure proper food safety procedures are always being followed
General Manager Job Requirements
The minimum age for this position is 18 years old, and a high school diploma or equivalent is required. You must also have at least one-year management experience in a restaurant setting.
General Manager Salary & Benefits
Most positions start between $38,000 and $40,000 a year. They are eligible for bonuses and benefits like 401k, health insurance, and vacation.
General Manager Work Schedule
The general manager position is salaried, and is based on an average of at least 45 hours each week.
Zaxby’s Application & Interview Tips
The biggest thing to remember when filling out a Zaxby’s job application is that each store handles its own employment needs individually. This means that you will have to be proactive and apply for each store you are interested in individually.
It is also important to note that most stores are franchised. This means that the starting pay and requirements may differ slightly with each location you are applying at. Be sure to carefully check out the base requirements for each position to make sure that you still meet the minimum requirements.
Since most Zaxby’s positions are posted on job boards, the most important thing you need to work on is a professional resume. You can use a variety of templates in programs like Google Docs and Microsoft Word to create a resume that is easy to read and presentable. Take your time with this step, and make sure you include at least five years of employment history if possible.
It is also a good idea to create a cover letter. This is especially important for management positions like the general manager or assistant manager. A cover letter should include a relevant reason for your Zaxby’s job application for the given position, as well as a breakdown of your most relevant work experience.
Make sure that this is not a just a copy of your resume in a different format. Summarize your relevant work experience that directly relates to the position you are applying for. It is also a great place to list any professional certifications you may have as well.
You can also contact each store directly to inquire about employment opportunities. Be sure to do this during non-peak hours only. For most restaurants, this is from 10 AM to 11 AM, and 2 PM to 5 PM.
Zaxby’s Opening Hours
The exact hours will vary, with most locations being open from 10 AM to 10 PM. Use the Zaxby’s Store Locator to check the hours for each specific location.
Zaxby’s Contact Information
You can ask any questions you might have about the Zaxby’s job application process on the official Zaxby’s website. You can use their contact form to leave a comment, or contact them via phone at 1-866-892-9297.