Food Lion is a is a massive grocery store chain with over 1,000 locations. They are mainly located in ten different states in the southeastern United States. They have a wide range of positions available for professionals and those seeking part-time work. This article is going to explore five of the current positions that are listed on Food Lion’s website. It will also offer some Food Lion job application advice and interview tips as well.
Food Lion Employment Opportunities – Overview
Food Lion offers a broad range of employment opportunities on their website, for both full-time and part-time job applicants. An example of a full-time posting that you will find is bakery associate. There are also plenty of openings in management, with positions like center store manager and produce manager posted regularly.
There are also several postings available that are suitable for recent college graduates or those who will be finishing the degree soon. A great example is the associate relationship manager trainee that is based out of Leominster, Massachusetts. Other positions you may want to consider include assistant store manager and transportation support coordinator.
If you are seeking more flexible scheduling, part-time postings may be a better fit for you. There are tons of options like grocery store associate, front-end sales assistant, and quality assurance associate.
The job postings are updated regularly, and it only takes a few moments to search for new openings. Be sure to check their website regularly for jobs that meet your personal and professional goals.
Food Lion Application Process
Fillion out a Food Lion job application is fairly simple, and subsequent applications are much easier to complete.
1. To get started, visit the Food Lion employment portal. It displays best in Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Internet Explorer.
2. The default view takes you to a search page where you can input your search queries. Some of the search fields that you can use include keywords, operating company, employment status, city, state, and zip code. It is recommended that you search using your zip code and a search radius that you are comfortable driving regularly to maximize the potential listings.
3. Once you are happy with your search fields, click the gray “Submit” button to see your results.
4. The default view only displays five results per page. However, you can change this at the bottom of the page to a larger number.
5. The default display order is organized by job posting date. This ensures that you receive all of the most current job details each time you search. If you prefer to sort your job postings by store address, click the address tab to update your postings.
6. When you find a position that you are interested in, click any of the blue hyperlinks to be taken to the job detail page. This will display information like the amount of hours associated with the position, its responsibilities, and key requirements.
7. If you are still interested in the position, click the blue “Apply On-line” link.
8. You will need to create an account using your personal information and email address. You will also paste a copy of your resume during this process.
9. If you want to create an account beforehand, you can visit the link here and sign in later when you find a position you are interested in.
Food Lion Job Openings
Grocery Store Associate Job Description
Grocery Store Associate Job Duties
- Provide top-notch customer service
- Replenish merchandise and prepare products as instructed
- Clean employee and customer areas as needed
- Bag and package merchandise for customers
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
Grocery Store Associate Job Requirements
The starting age for the grocery store associate position is 16 years old. A high school diploma is preferred but not required for this position.
Grocery Store Associate Salary & Benefits
Grocery store associates generally start from $8.28 to $9 an hour, based on experience. Benefits like health insurance and 401k are available to eligible associates.
Grocery Store Associate Work Schedule
Most grocery store associate positions are part-time only, and typically work 20 to 30 hours each week.
Center Store Lead Job Description
Center Store Lead Job Duties
- Assist in growing sales by implementing effective merchandising strategies
- Act as a role model for other center store area associates
- Receive, store, and process store merchandise according to procedure
- Maintain accurate records of inventory for the department as needed
- Assist the center store manager with miscellaneous tasks as directed
Center Store Lead Job Requirements
The minimum age to be considered for the center store lead position is 18 years old. Preference is given to applicants with at least a high school diploma.
Center Store Lead Salary & Benefits
Most center store leads generally start between $13 and $14 an hour. The position offers health insurance, 401k, and vacation time.
Center Store Lead Work Schedule
Center store leads typically work 32 to 40 hours a week, with occasional overtime during certain holiday periods.
Sales Associate Job Description
Sales Associate Job Duties
- Scan all merchandise in a fast-paced environment
- Greet and thank customers as they enter and exit your lane
- Bag merchandise in a manner that protects the merchandise
- Return unwanted merchandise to the correct location in the store
- Follow procedures for handling cash and other currency
Sales Associate Job Requirements
The minimum age for this position is 16 years old. A high school diploma is not required to be considered for this position. Basic computing knowledge is required for training and onboarding.
Sales Associate Salary & Benefits
Most sales associates start at $8.27 an hour, and do not typically have any benefits outside of access to special promotions and discounts.
Sales Associate Work Schedule
Sales associates are typically part-time only, and work 20 to 30 hours a week based on store volume and associate availability.
Deli/Bakery Manager Job Description
Deli/Bakery Manager Job Duties
- Grow sales for the bakery and deli areas based on store goals
- Ensure products meet brand standards and are presented effectively
- Actively monitor customer satisfaction for the area
- Manage associates for the area and handle scheduling concerns
- Rotate product to ensure food is fresh and safe at all times
Deli/Bakery Manager Job Requirements
To be considered for the deli/bakery manager position, you must be at least 18 years old. A safe food handling certification is required as part of this position, and must be maintained for its duration. No college degree is currently required.
Deli/Bakery Manager Salary & Benefits
The deli/bakery manager position is salaried, and typically starts between $38,000 and $40,000 a year, based on experience. Benefits like 401k, health insurance, and sales bonuses are offered for this position.
Deli/Bakery Manager Work Schedule
Deli/baker managers work 35 to 40 hours a week, with overtime during certain holiday periods.
Meat Cutter Job Description
Meat Cutter Job Duties
- Recommend cuts of meat to customers during interactions
- Reduce shrink by following company procedure
- Maintain work area according to company standard
- Rotate stock to ensure food safety
- Follow safety guidelines at all times, and participate in ongoing training
Meat Cutter Job Requirements
Since specialized equipment is handled at this job, you must be at least 18 years old to apply. A high school diploma is preferred but not required to be a meat cutter.
Meat Cutter Salary & Benefits
The starting pay for meat cutters at Food Lion is around $13 an hour. Associates are eligible for benefits like 401k, health insurance, and vacation time.
Meat Cutter Work Schedule
Most meat cutter positions are full-time, and work 32 to 40 hours a week.
Food Lion Application & Interview Tips
It only takes a few moments to get started with a Food Lion job application, due to their easy to use employment portal. The most important thing to familiarize yourself with at first is the plethora of search options that are available.
It is important to remember to change the “Operating Company” option to “Food Lion” to prevent search results from other companies belonging to the parent organization from displaying. The other thing to remember is that you should always leave the “Full/Part-time” field blank if possible.
The reason for this is that a lot of positions are posted as general postings for both full and part-time openings. If you select just one, these results are often excluded from your search results. Once you have your search area narrowed down, you can dig further into the Food Lion job application process.
When applying for positions, pick ones that are best suited for your personal and professional goals. One of the most common things an interviewer will ask you is why you applied for the position. Be sure that you have a reason ready that sounds credible. It helps if you can incorporate some form of personal or professional connection to the given position in your answer.
It also helps if you do your research beforehand and familiarize yourself with the Food Lion core values. Take your time shopping at the store, and include specific examples from your experience when the interviewer asks you why you filled out a Food Lion job application.
Food Lion Opening Hours
Most Food Lion locations are open from 7 AM to 11 PM. If you’re interested in specific location hours, you can use their Store Locator to check that.
Food Lion Contact Information
You can access all of the current Food Lion deals and promotions for your area by visiting their website. For customer service issues, you can use their online form to reach a representative, or contact them via phone at 1-800-210-9569.