Currently, Publix employs roughly 180,000 individuals in over 1,100 locations throughout the United States. The company is always looking for new team members, so you should send your Publix job application if you want to work in one of their supermarkets.
In our extensive guide, you will learn all you need to know about submitting your Publix job application, from current openings to complete job descriptions. Additionally, we will provide salary estimates to get a better idea about how much you’ll earn working at Publix. Enjoy the complete resource below.
Publix Employment Opportunities – Overview
Firstly, we want to inform you that Publix doesn’t hire employees only for in-store positions like grocery clerks, bakers or meat cutters. In fact, there are no less than 7 departments that you can submit your Publix job application for. Below is a list of some of the Publix departments you can work in
- In-store (Critical Openings) (i.e. Baker, Decorator, Customer Service Staff, etc.)
- Corporate (in departments such as Human Resources, Finance, Loss Prevention, etc.)
- Manufacturing (i.e. Bindery Basic Equipment Operator, Bakery Plant Operations Clerk, Printing Services Quality Control Manager, etc.)
- Industrial Maintenance (i.e. Maintenance Technician, Parts Coordinator, Plant Engineer, etc.)
- Administrative Roles (i.e. Loss Prevention Divisional Administrative Clerk, Property Representative Assistant, Ad Layout Artist, etc.)
- Information Technology (i.e. Programmer, Associate Customer Technical Support Analyst, Systems Engineer, etc.)
- Distribution (i.e. Distribution Operator, Frontline Supervisor, Forklift Operator, etc.)
Also, Public has a special page on their website that provides info about their summer internship program and other internship opportunities, in departments like:
Publix Job Application Process
If you want to send your Publix job application, you first need to do some research on what positions are available. We will take you step by step through the process, with full instructions:
- Visit the Current Openings page on the Publix careers website.
- Scroll down and click Yes or No, depending on whether you’re a Publix associate or not. The next steps we provide will be for those who aren’t yet associates.
- Click the green Search openings link marked in red in the screenshot above.
- Fill out the first set of fields for your job search. Start with a Keyword, Job Category, Location, State, Position Title or Date posted.
- Establish proximity details like Distance, Measurement, Country, etc.
- Click Search.
- Analyze the positions that matched your search criteria.
- Click the Req ID of the job you’re interested in (i.e. 2673BR).
- Scroll down to read the complete job description.
- Press Apply.
- Select one of the login methods highlighted in red above.
- Complete the Publix job application and follow any other necessary steps that appear on your screen.
After you submit your resume, you will most likely have to visit their Job Application Center and follow their additional How to Apply instructions. Also, you can download, print and complete the JAC (Job Application Center) Time Saver so you don’t have to spend that much time at the store. This in-store job description chart will also help you figure out the ideal position for you.
Publix Job Openings
In this part of our Publix job application guide, we will be looking at some of the Publix job descriptions, as well as Publix pay per hour for the respective jobs.
Grocery Clerk Job Description
Grocery Clerk Job Duties
- Customer service tasks (welcoming, answering questions, etc.)
- Proper unloading and placement of products
- Shelf set maintenance assistance
- Shelf and cases cleaning
- Sales floor cleaning
- Back room equipment operation
Grocery Clerk Job Requirements
- At least 16 years old (18 for equipment use)
- Customer service skills
- Easy math skills
Grocery Clerk Salary & Benefits
- Salary – $13.00 – $14.75 per hour
- Retirement Benefits
- Health Insurance
Grocery Clerk Work Schedule
At Publix, grocery clerks can work either part time or full time, depending on the store.
Pharmacy Technician Job Description
Pharmacy Technician Job Duties
- Friendly customer service
- Regulation compliance
- Prescription drugs and supplies ordering
- Refill request initiation
Pharmacy Technician Job Requirements
- At least 18 years of age
- Pharmacy technician license or registration
- Customer service skills
- Data entry and easy math skills
Pharmacy Technician Salary & Benefits
- Salary – $9.85 – $14.80 per hour
- Stock earnings
- 401(k) plan
- Bonuses (annual and quarterly)
- Paid vacation
Pharmacy Technician Work Schedule
Like grocery clerks, pharmacy technicians can work either full time or part time, according to the requirements of the store you’re applying for.
Cake Decorator Job Description
Cake Decorator Job Duties
- Excellent customer service
- Decorating, icing, labeling, pricing and packaging products
- Showcase maintenance
- Special order filing
- Bakery department mixer operation
Cake Decorator Job Requirements
- At least 18 years’ old
- Experience in professional decorating (preferably in retail)
- Decorating skills
- Customer service skills
Cake Decorator Salary & Benefits
- Salary – $9.50 – $16.35 per hour
Cake Decorator Work Schedule
As with most other positions at Publix, decorators can have either a part time or full time work schedule.
Front Service Clerk Job Description
Front Service Clerk Job Duties
- Top quality customer service
- Grocery bagging
- Customer cart assistance
- Bag assistance
- Product location assistance
- Bag restocking
- Shopping cart retrieval from parking lot
- Cleaning duty assistance
Front Service Clerk Job Requirements
- At least 14 years’ old
- Customer service skills
- Instruction receptiveness
Front Service Clerk Salary & Benefits
- Salary – $9.35 – $11.70 per hour
Front Service Clerk Work Schedule
Most front service clerks at Publix work part time, but this might be different depending on the store.
Wine Specialist Job Description
Wine Specialist Job Duties
- Exceptional customer service
- Customer guidance in choosing wines
Wine Specialist Job Requirements
- At least 21 years of age
- Extensive knowledge of wines
- Full knowledge of all in-store wines
Wine Specialist Salary & Benefits
- Salary – $11.30 – $16.85 per hour
Wine Specialist Work Schedule
Publix wine specialists have a full-time schedule.
Publix Job Application & Interview Tips
Publix Application Tips
When completing your Publix job application, you should pay special attention to your skills and experience. These are two of the main assets that Publix focuses on when selecting employees. For instance, if you have any prior experience of working at Publix, make sure that you make it clear in your resume. In addition to this, keep these tips in mind when sending your Publix job application:
- Highlight the fact that you work well in teams. This is a primary quality for all Publix workers.
- Mention that you love serving people and that it is a pleasure for you.
- Include the fact that you respond well to instructions, and that you know how to interpret and follow them accordingly.
Publix Interview Tips
Your interview is just as significant as your Publix job application when you want to land a job there. So important, in fact, that the company has a dedicated page on their corporate website for interview tips. They encourage candidates to:
- Learn as much as possible about the company beforehand
- Accentuate accomplishments and strengths in their resume
- Provide work samples, according to the position you’re applying for (i.e. cake decorating samples)
- Prepare the questions you want to ask the hiring manager
Here is just one example of a question that candidates are frequently asked during Publix interviews:
Q: Why do you want to work at Publix?
A: I truly resonate with Publix’s philosophy of being the premier quality food retailer in the world. I was also very impressed with the large range of rewards that prove Publix is an amazing place to work. I have a 3-year background in retail and I want to do my best to make ‘shopping a pleasure’, just like Publix does for its customers.
Publix Opening Hours
If you want to get in touch with Publix, make sure you do so between 8 in the morning and 7 in the evening from Monday through Friday (EST). As an alternative, contact them between 9 am and 7 pm (EST) on Saturdays.
Publix Contact Information
The fastest way to contact Publix is over the phone. If you need to reach out to them quickly, please dial 800 242 1227. For written communication, use their contact form to detail your inquiry or feedback. If you send them email, you can expect an answer in 24 to 48 hours after submission.
If you need to send them any papers through post, this is the address you can use:
Publix Super Markets
ATTN: Customer Care
PO Box 407
Lakeland, FL 33802-0407
Other than that, don’t forget to visit your local Job Application Center to make sure that your Publix job application reaches the appropriate hiring managers.