Harris Teeter has a variety of full-time and part-time employment opportunities available on their website. They have positions in a wide selection of areas ranging from pharmacy, stocking, and customer service. The purpose of this article is to detail how the Harris Teeter job application process works. We will also offer information about the most common employment opportunities that are currently available at Harris Teeter.
Harris Teeter Employment Opportunities – Overview
Harris Teeter offers a wide selection of employment opportunities on their website. For those of you seeking full-time work, there are options like pharmacy technician to consider. This position comes with a wide selection of benefits, and is a great fit for those who want a more long-term employment situation.
For those seeking more flexible scheduling, there are even more options to consider. Harris Teeter is known for its flexible scheduling that allows associates to easily manage their availability and hours each week. Some perfect positions that fall into this category include cashiers, dairy frozen clerks, and meat clerks.
If you are interested in learning about management, Harris Teeter also has several positions like the assistant customer service manager in training to consider. You are sure to find a potential match to your personal and professional preferences at Harris Teeter. Just remember to check their website regularly for new employment postings in your area.
Harris Teeter Company Application Process
The Harris Teeter job application process is very easy to follow, and only takes a few moments to acclimate yourself to. To get started, visit the Harris Teeter employment portal. The easiest way to search is with the basic search function.
1. To use the basic search function, enter your zip code and the desired radius of postings that you want to see.
2. You can also search all of the available postings for your state by clicking the “Location” tab and selecting your state instead.
3. Once this is done, click the “Search For Jobs” button to view all the matching postings.
4. You can also search using much more specific criteria to find jobs that more closely match your personal and professional goals. To do this, simply click the “Advanced Search” link at the top of the page. The advanced search page lets you search using additional features like posting date, and full-time or part-time status.
5. Once you have selected the criteria that you desire, click the “Search For Jobs” button just like before to display your results.
6. The employment listings are displayed by posting date by default. Simply click the green job title that you are interested in to learn more about a specific position. The city the store is located in can be viewed just below the job title in the middle.
7. Once you have a position you are interested in, click the gray “Apply Online” button.
8. You will need to create a profile as part of the Harris Teeter job application process. You can do this in advance by clicking the blue “Sign In” link at the top of the page and completing the registration process.
9. You will enter your employment information and other personal details as part of the account creation process.
Harris Teeter Job Openings
Cashier Job Description
Cashier Job Duties
- Greet and thank customers for their purchase in an efficient manner
- Assist customers with loading and unloading groceries
- Correctly scan merchandise and provide change as appropriate
- Educate customers about promotions when appropriate
- Bag merchandise correctly
- Return shopping carts to designated storage area
Cashier Job Requirements
The cashier position requires knowledge of basic arithmetic, and an understanding of company policy and procedure.The minimum age for this position is 16 years old.
Cashier Salary & Benefits
The hourly rate for cashiers is generally around $9 an hour, or minimum wage for your state. The most common benefit associated with this position is a special employee discount during special promotions.
Cashier Work Schedule
The majority of cashier positions are part-time only. Most stores are open from 7 AM to 10 PM, and the cashier can work anytime during those hours.
Pharmacy Technician Job Description
Pharmacy Technician Job Duties
- Provide outstanding customer service each visit
- Assist the pharmacist with filling prescriptions
- Order and receive product
- Maintain pharmacy area and appearance
- Operate cash register
Pharmacy Technician Job Requirements
The minimum age for this position is 18 years old. A high school diploma or GED is required for this position. In addition, there is a mandatory training period required for new pharmacy technicians that may take up to 12 weeks to complete.
Pharmacy Technician Salary & Benefits
Pharmacy technicians generally start at between $10.50 and $11.50 an hour, based on their background and experience. For full-time positions, there is a 401k, paid time off, and health insurance available.
Pharmacy Technician Work Schedule
Pharmacy technicians positions are available on a full-time and part-time basis.
Customer Service Clerk Job Description
Customer Service Clerk Job Duties
- Deliver outstanding customer service
- Answer customer inquiries and escalate to management as needed
- Operate cash register
- Take on the role of floor monitor when one is not present
- Fulfill the roles of cashier and bagger as needed
Customer Service Clerk Job Requirements
The cashier position has a minimum age requirement of 16 years old, with no educational minimum. You need to be able to lift up to 40 pounds regularly for this position.
Customer Service Clerk Salary & Benefits
The pay for the customer service clerk is slightly higher than cashiers, averaging almost $9.40 an hour. Most positions only offer a store discount benefit.
Customer Service Clerk Work Schedule
The majority of customer service clerk postings are part-time, with hours ranging from 20 to 30 hours a week.
Stock Clerk Job Description
Stock Clerk Job Duties
- Stock and rotate product
- Maintain floor area as appropriate
- Assist customers with locating items
- Work with other departments to create a friendly shopping environment
- Help customers load and unload purchases
Stock Clerk Job Requirements
Stock clerks can be as young as 16 years old, and there is no minimum educational requirement. This position does require lots of lifting and the ability the crouch or kneel regularly.
Stock Clerk Salary & Benefits
The average starting rate for stock clerks is $9 an hour, with the most common benefit being a store discount during special promotions.
Stock Clerk Work Schedule
Stock clerks are mainly part-time positions, with hours ranging from 20 to 30 hours a week. This position may require shifts as early as 6 AM to prepare the store for customers.
Baker Job Description
Baker Job Duties
- Prepare baked goods according to company standards
- Package and rotate stock as appropriate
- Assist customers with purchases
- Handle general customer service inquiries
- Operate specialized equipment in a safe and efficient manner
Baker Job Requirements
The minimum age for this job posting is 18 years old, and a high school diploma or GED is generally required. Alternatively, equivalent work experience can be substituted. A company certification program is required for this position.
Baker Salary & Benefits
Bakers typically make between $11 and $12 an hour, based on their experience. They have access to health insurance, a 401k, and paid time off.
Baker Work Schedule
Most baker positions are full-time only, with weekly hours averaging at 32 to 40 hours a week.
Harris Teeter Application & Interview Tips
Harris Teeter uses a popular talent management software known as Taleo. If you have filled out online applications before, you have likely already had experience with this software. The Harris Teeter job application process is pretty much the same for any company using this software.
Once you have created your account, you will likely have to complete a questionnaire or test for each position. The purpose of this questionnaire is to determine if your personality type is best suited for the given position you are applying for. It is common for the test to ask the same questions multiple different ways.
It is important that you answer these questions as accurately as possible. Do not attempt to answer them in a way that you feel the employer is looking for. The whole point of these questions is to get an honest representation of your personality type. Recruiters can generally tell during an interview if applicants were not truthful with their answers based on their face to face interview.
In terms of interview prep, it is important to familiarize yourself with the standards of the company. It helps to research when and how the company was founded. Using this knowledge, try to incorporate it into your answer for one of the most common interview questions, “Why are you interested in our company?” Knowing a little bit of company background knowledge shows the recruiter that you are serious about the position, and can help your Harris Teeter job application stand out.
Harris Teeter Opening Hours
The majority of Harris Teeter stores are open from 7 AM to 10 PM. Their Store Locator will give you information on local hours.
Harris Teeter Contact Information
Visit the Harris Teeter website for information on the Harris Teeter job application process. To contact the store with basic requests, you can visit the Contact Us page and fill out the form. Alternatively, you can contact a customer service rep via telephone at 1-800-432-6111, using option two.