Ingles is an American supermarket chain headquartered in North Carolina, although it has more than 200 stores in the southeastern United States. Aside from grocery stores, Ingles also runs several gas stations and a milk packaging plant. The company prides itself on its family values, since it is family owned and operated. Ingles offers a wide range of career opportunities, from entry level positions as baggers or cashiers to more upper level jobs in management or operations. This article will describe the Ingles job application process and provide information about job openings, requirements, responsibilities, working hours, salaries and other benefits.
Ingles Employment Opportunities – Overview
Ingles provides an assortment of careers that can be tailored to fit your specific interests and skills. The company has openings in several different categories, such as Store Careers, Distribution Center Careers, and Corporate Careers. These jobs include:
- Facility Maintenance Clerk
- Bakery Department
- Floral Clerk
- Produce Department
Distribution Center Careers
- Trailer Cleaner
- Forklift Operator
- Diesel Mechanic
- Regional Driver
- Systems Integration Specialist
- Real Estate Maintenance Technician
- Licensing Coordinator
- Human Resources
- Internal Audit Supervisor
You can find more information about these jobs and how you can apply for them on the Ingles website, or by clicking here. Ingles also offers apprentice positions for some of its store jobs, such as a deli or bakery apprentice. You can find these positions by going to the Ingles career page listed above and then typing “apprentice” in the search bar.
Ingles Application Process
The Ingles job application process is fairly straightforward. If you follow the instructions below, you’ll be able to find job opportunities in no time! Here’s an overview of the Ingles job application process:
1. On your computer, go to the Ingles website at http://www.ingles-markets.com/, or by clicking here.
2. To find career opportunities, click on “Careers” at the top of the page, or by clicking here. This will take you to a list of recent job openings. Find the category that best matches your skills and experience by clicking on either “Store Careers,” “Distribution Center Careers,” or “Corporate Careers” on the right side of the page.
3. Once you’ve found the right category, browse the list of jobs to find one you want. Click the title to find information about the job description and requirements.
4. To apply for the job, click on “Choose Locations” at the top right of the page. Select the store location you want, and click “Apply” at the bottom. This will take you to a page where you can create an account using email or a social media profile.
5. Fill out the information to create an account and finish the Ingles job application. You will have to fill out several pages of information including your contact information, educational history, work experience, military experience, work availability and hours, criminal history, and any other pertinent information. If the position requires it, you should upload a resume or other supporting documents.
6. When you get to the last page of the Ingles job application, electronically sign and date the last page and click “Accept.” Your Ingles job application is now submitted!
Ingles Job Openings
Deli Apprentice Job Description
Deli Apprentice Job Duties
A Deli Apprentice is responsible for the following tasks:
- Interact with customers
- Offer suggestions for deli products
- Serve deli meals
- Follow proper safety and cleanliness protocols
Deli Apprentice Job Requirements
Deli Apprentices must be at least 16 years old, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Related experience is a plus, but not required. High school degree preferred, but not required. Must comply with all safety procedures.
Deli Apprentice Salary & Benefits
This is an entry level position, with pay dependent on education and past experience. Full time jobs may include benefits.
Deli Apprentice Work Schedule
For part time jobs, employees are required to work at least 20 hours per week. For full time jobs, employees are required to work at least 40 hours per week.
Diesel Mechanic Job Description
Diesel Mechanic Job Duties
A Diesel Mechanic will repair and service all company tractors and trailers, and is responsible for the following tasks:
- Ensure functioning of company vehicles and trailers
- Replace entire diesel brake systems as needed
- Weld engines or other vehicle systems
- Follow proper safety protocols
Diesel Mechanic Job Requirements
Must be at least 18 years old and have mechanical tools needed to complete most tractor trailer maintenance. Must have basic mechanical knowledge and a minimum of three years previous experience. A current commercial driver’s license (CDL) is preferred. Advanced skills in air conditioning, fuel systems and injectors, suspension and steering, drive train assembly, or electronics is preferred.
Diesel Mechanic Salary & Benefits
This is a mid level position, with pay dependent on past experience. Average starting wage is between $16 and $21 an hour. Full time positions provide benefits, including health insurance.
Diesel Mechanic Work Schedule
This position requires working long hours, including on evenings and weekends. Must work at least 40 hours a week.
Human Resources Job Description
Human Resources Job Duties
This position is responsible for the following tasks:
- Document all monthly inspections
- Index safety forms
- Maintain incident spreadsheet
- Follow all company policies
Human Resources Job Requirements
Must be at least 18 years old, with strong computer, communication, and organizational skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
Human Resources Salary & Benefits
Average salary is between $18 and $21 an hour. Benefits include health insurance.
Human Resources Work Schedule
Must work at least 40 hours per week. Flexible scheduling may be available.
Ingles Application & Interview Tips
If you are applying for a job at Ingles, here are some tips that may help in your interview:
1. Dress Appropriately: Try to dress one level up from what you would usually wear in the position you’re applying for. If you’re going to be working with customers, wear at least business casual, and if you’re in management, wear business professional.
2. Do Your Research: Look at the company website before your interview, and know the general information about what the position you’re applying for involves. Also, learn as much as possible about the company. For example, Ingles is a family owned company founded by Jim Lanning, so emphasizing those kind of values in your interview answers could get you ahead.
3. Know Possible Interview Questions: Be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to work at Ingles?
You should talk about a genuine reason why you want to work there, such as the great products.
- What skills do you have that are applicable to this position?
You don’t need to regurgitate your resume, but be realistic and specific when describing your skills. Give examples that show you will be a good employee. For example, instead of just saying, “I have a good work ethic,” you can describe a time you worked well on a project.
- Do you have reliable transportation?
The answer to this should be yes. Even if you don’t have a car, having a reliable bus or train route also qualifies.
- What hours are you available to work?
Be realistic about how you answer. Don’t overcommit, and make sure you meet the required hours in the job description.
- How would you react if a customer told you about a problem in the store?
Give an answer that shows you would be polite and provide good customer service.
Ingles Opening Hours
Ingles’ hours of operation are generally from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m., although store hours may vary by location. Pharmacy hours are usually from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., and from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on weekends. To find the operating hours of an Ingles near you, go to the store locator available on their main website.
Ingles Contact Information
Ingles operates several stores throughout the southeastern U.S., including Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, North and South Carolina, and Virginia. You can go to the official Ingles website, www.ingles-markets.com. If you have a customer service issue, you can fill out an online form. The contact information for Ingles is below:
2913 US Highway 70 W
Black Mountain, NC 28711-9103
P.O. Box 6676
Asheville, NC 28816
Telephone: (828) 669-2941
Fax: (828) 669-3678