Journeys has a wide range of career offerings that are suitable for students as well as job seekers who are looking for a growing career opportunity. This article is going to cover their main employment opportunities, and offer further details about five of their current positions. It will also offer some interview and Journeys job application advice as well.
Journeys Employment Opportunities – Overview
Journeys has a lot to offer in terms of employment for both part-time and full-time job seekers. The most basic position that is perfect for part-time workers with little to no employment history is the sales associate.
Once you have a bit more experience under your belt, you can always apply for postings like the co-manager. The highest level store position is the store manager, and it’s a suitable pick for experienced candidates who have worked retail in the past.
There are also options available in their corporate offices in Tennessee. If you really enjoy helping people, the customer service position may be a great fit, and it comes with a variety of benefits. They even offer increased pay for applicants who are bilingual.
Another option you may want to consider is their distribution center in Lebanon, Tennessee. They have a variety of positions available like carton handler, driver, and picker.
Journeys Application Process
The Journeys job application process is very simple, and features a very intuitively designed user interface. To get started, visit their career portal using your desktop or laptop. There will be two separate drop-down boxes at the top of the page for store positions, and home office, distribution, and customer service positions.
1. Select the position you are interested in from the appropriate menu.
2. For store listings, the next page gives you a breakdown of the responsibilities and requirements of the position. There is an option at the bottom of the page that lets you apply for specific stores based on your area.
3. For their other listings like distribution and customer service, the next page will display all of the relevant job openings for that particular department.
4. Click the job title to be taken to the career summary page to learn more about the position’s requirements and to continue your Journeys job application.
5. When you’re ready to apply for a given position, you will need to create a new user account. This account will have all of your employment and educational history. You will also create a unique username and password to use for future Journeys job application opportunities.
6. Some of the positions will have specialized tests that will need to be completed as part of the Journeys job application. Be sure to allow ample opportunity to finish them, so that your application is complete.
7. You will receive a confirmation email for each position you have successfully applied for. All correspondences relating to employment applications are sent to the registered email address you have on file.
8. Be sure to check your email account regularly for potential interview scheduling requests and other important notifications.
Journeys Job Openings
Sales Associate Job Description
Sales Associate Job Duties
- Meet and exceed sales goals as defined by the management team
- Assist customers with locating merchandise and placing orders in store
- Return unwanted merchandise to the correct area in the store
- Clean and maintain designated store area
- Other duties as assigned by management
Sales Associate Job Requirements
There are no educational requirements, and the minimum age for the position is 16 years old.
Sales Associate Salary & Benefits
Most positions start between $8 and $8.50 an hour. This position comes with a special employee discount on store merchandise.
Sales Associate Work Schedule
Sales associate positions are part-time only, and work 20 to 30 hours each week.
Co-manager Job Description
Co-manager Job Duties
- Coach and develop store talent
- Conduct interviews when needed
- Ensure presentations meet company standards
- Grow store business and meet established goals
- Assist store manager with tasks as needed
Co-manager Job Requirements
The minimum age for this position is 18 years old, and previous management experience in a retail environment is preferred.
Co-manager Salary & Benefits
The starting salary for this position is between $25,000 and $30,000 a year, based on experience. This position is eligible for bonuses, 401k, and health insurance.
Co-manager Work Schedule
Co-managers work at least 40 hours each week, with occasional overtime.
Store Manager Job Description
Store Manager Job Duties
- Promote a positive work environment by leading as an example
- Monitor scheduling to ensure peak hours have appropriate coverage
- Conduct interviews when needed to maintain staffing levels
- Develop talent by promoting from within
- Meet established sales goals
Store Manager Job Requirements
The minimum age for this position is 18 years old. You must also possess six to twelve months experience in a retail environment with management experience.
Store Manager Salary & Benefits
The average starting salary for this position is around $35,000 a year. This position is eligible for bonuses, 401k, health insurance, and paid vacation.
Store Manager Work Schedule
This position averages at least 40 hours each week, with overtime required during peak season.
Customer Service Job Description
Customer Service Job Duties
- Assist customers via telephone, email, and web chat
- Log complaints and resolve them in a timely fashion
- Generate sales by making product recommendations when appropriate
- Multitask with a variety of other duties as assigned
- Keep call times within established guidelines
Customer Service Job Requirements
A high school diploma or equivalent is required for this position, and you must be at least 18 years old.
Customer Service Salary & Benefits
The starting pay for this position is around $9 an hour, and it’s eligible for benefits like health insurance, 401k, and vacation time.
Customer Service Work Schedule
This position is typically full-time, and works 32 to 40 hours each week.
Picker Job Description
Picker Job Duties
- Package orders in a safe and effective manner
- Scan merchandise to ensure accurate inventory counts
- Operate pallet jack to help move merchandise
- Maintain cleanliness of area to ensure a safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned by management
Picker Job Requirements
You must be at least 18 years old, with a high school diploma or GED, for this position. Experience in a warehouse environment is strongly preferred.
Picker Salary & Benefits
The average starting pay for this position is $9 an hour, and the job comes with benefits like 401k, vacation time, and health insurance.
Picker Work Schedule
This position works 32 to 40 hours each week, with occasional overtime.
Journeys Application & Interview Tips
The most important tip to remember when filling out a Journeys job application is that you should always check their website regularly. This is particularly important for store positions, since they are updated quite frequently. It’s best to apply at multiple locations to increase your chances of landing an interview.
When it comes time for the interview, make sure that you are dressed for success. For store positions, it is crucial that you look the part. Consider visiting your local store before your interview, and take a look at the store and its employees. Try to purchase an outfit from the store that still fits professional dress code requirements. This will show the interviewer that you actively shop at their store, and that you can make sound product recommendations.
Since the majority of these positions are extremely customer service focused, it is best to have a specific example in mind of how you have assisted a customer in the past. Interviewers frequently ask applicants to give examples of how they have solved problems for customers in the past.
For management positions, be sure to focus on your equivalent work experience. Try to include specific details like the amount of people you directly supervised, the average growth for your department, and turnover reduction. These figures can really help the interviewer get a feel of your accomplishments.
Journeys Opening Hours
The majority of Journeys stores are open from 10 AM to 9 PM. Their Store Locator can help you find out local Journeys hours.
Journeys Contact Information
The official Journeys website is where you can ask questions about the Journeys job application process. For basic customer service issues, you can use their contact page to initiate a live chat session. You can also reach a customer service representative by calling 1-888-324-6356.