PacSun continues to be a very successful fashion retail chain, and offers a wide range of exciting employment opportunities. This article is going to offer an overview of their job openings, and explore five of their postings in greater detail. We will also provide PacSun job application tips, and talk about the interview process.
PacSun Employment Opportunities – Overview
PacSun features a competitive base salary for management level positions, and a wide range of benefits like 401k, vacation, health insurance, and employee discounts. The highest level position that is responsible for a single store is the store manager position. This is a great fit for job seekers who want to actively manage and develop their own team.
Another position to consider is the area manager. This opportunity is best suited for employees who already have ample management experience. The ideal candidate should also already have a work history that demonstrates a sound understanding of multi-location management practices.
PacSun also has several corporate career opportunities as well. The assistant buyer is a great example that really helps shape the trends at specific areas and locations. There are also senior graphic designer positions available as well, for applicants who meet the strict hiring requirements.
A position that you will not find on their website is part-time brand reps. These postings are managed by stores individually, and applications are only available by visiting the hiring location. These postings are the best fit for high school students and those who are just looking to make a little extra cash.
PacSun Application Process
To get started with a PacSun job application, visit their employment portal. The default view will display all of the management and corporate positions that are currently available. They are organized based on their posting date.
1. You can sort the listings by using the different filter options on the left-hand side of the screen.
2. Alternatively, you can enter a job title or keyword up top, and enter your zip code to see results for your area. Both methods will narrow the search results to matches that are more applicable to your area.
3. If you want to learn more about a given position, click the job title to learn more about its requirements.
4. Once you have found a job that is a good potential match, click the black “Apply” button to start the PacSun job application.
5. You can choose to log in using a variety of social media accounts like LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google+. You can also create your own account by entering your preferred username and password.
6. Once you’re signed in, you will complete your employment and education history. Be sure to list any current certifications you hold, with their expiration dates.
7. When you’re finished, you will receive an email confirming you have successfully filled out the PacSun job application.
8. All correspondences related to your PacSun job application are sent out via email . Check your account regularly, and be on the lookout for an interview scheduling request.
PacSun Job Openings
Store Manager Job Description
Store Manager Job Duties
- Attract, develop, and retain top talent
- Continue to grow store revenue
- Inform customers and associates about relevant active promotions
- Manage scheduling to ensure adequate staffing
- Monitor cash positions and complete deposits as needed
Store Manager Job Requirements
The minimum age for this position is 18 years old, and a Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred, with equivalent work experience.
Store Manager Salary & Benefits
Most store managers make $40,000 a year, based on experience and store size. This position is eligible for bonuses and benefits like 401k and health insurance.
Store Manager Work Schedule
Store managers work at least 40 hours each week, with additional overtime during certain periods.
Area Manager Job Description
Area Manager Job Duties
- Coach and develop talent within designated stores
- Ensure visual presentations meet company standards
- Monitor guest satisfaction ratings and coach as necessary
- Assist with scheduling issues as needed
- Make sure that departments are adequately trained in current procedures
Area Manager Job Requirements
You must be at least 18 years old, and a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is strongly preferred. A minimum of five years of retail management experience is necessary.
Area Manager Salary & Benefits
Area managers typically start at $60,000 a year or more, based on the size of their territory. They are eligible for performance incentives and benefits like health insurance and 401k.
Area Manager Work Schedule
This position requires a commitment of at least 40 hours each week, with regular overtime during key periods.
Assistant Buyer Job Description
Assistant Buyer Job Duties
- Assist the buyer in analyzing merchandize patterns to make sound decisions
- Participate in cross-department meetings to develop innovative product strategies
- Review and alter product line recommendations to help drive growth in key areas
- Communicate price actions into the relevant price entry systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
Assistant Buyer Job Requirements
The minimum age for this position is 18 years old, and a Bachelor’s degree is required. At least one year of buying experience is also necessary
Assistant Buyer Salary & Benefits
The assistant buyer position starts around $55,000 a year, and receives a full benefits plan that includes health insurance, 401k, and paid vacation time.
Assistant Buyer Work Schedule
This position works an average of 40 hours each week, and sometimes requires extensive travel.
Senior Graphic Designer Job Description
Senior Graphic Designer Job Duties
- Create and conceptualize key advertising inserts for special seasonal events
- Work with designated team to help solve a variety of advertising issues
- Utilize existing assets to create innovative marketing materials while reducing costs
- Manage workload while adhering to strict deadlines
- Other duties as requested by management
Senior Graphic Designer Job Requirements
The minimum age for this position is at least 18 years old, and a BFA, BA, or other design degree are required.
Senior Graphic Designer Salary & Benefits
The starting salary for this position is $50,000 a year, and can vary based on candidate experience. This position receives benefits like health insurance and paid time off.
Senior Graphic Designer Work Schedule
The average workweek is 40 hours, with occasional overtime during the holiday season.
Brand Rep Job Description
Brand Rep Job Duties
- Assist customers with locating merchandise
- Accurately ring up purchases and provide correct change using the POS
- Inform customers of relevant promotions that are going on
- Greet customers as they enter the store, and thank them for their purchase
- Other duties as directed by the management team
Brand Rep Job Requirements
The minimum age for this position is 16 years old, and there are no educational requirements.
Brand Rep Salary & Benefits
Most brand rep employees start making around $8 an hour, and receive special employee discounts.
Brand Rep Work Schedule
Brand reps are typically part-time only, and work 20 to 30 hours each week.
PacSun Application & Interview Tips
The most important thing to remember when filling out a PacSun job application for a management or corporate career is that each job has very specific requirements. While it is good to show initiative, you need to make sure you are applying for positions that closely fit your employment and educational background.
The majority of available positions have requirements for both work history and education. Make sure you carefully consider this with each posting, to ensure that you are picking the best job for your skill set.
For part-time positions, you will need to complete a paper PacSun job application by visiting your local PacSun location. It is important that you are dressed professionally when you pick up the application and when you turn it in. Another tip to remember is you can always call in advance and ask what the best time is for picking up and dropping off applications.
When it comes time for your interview, remember that style is key. Take a look at the current trends in the store and attempt to incorporate a few pieces into your interview outfit. It will show the interviewer that you pay attention to current trends and actively shop with the company.
PacSun Opening Hours
Most PacSun stores are open from 10 AM to 9 PM. For specific PacSun store hours, check out their Store Locator.
PacSun Contact Information
You can check out the official PacSun website for any questions you may have regarding the PacSun job application process. For basic customer service inquiries, you can use their Contact Us page or reach a representative by calling 1-877-372-2786.