Price Chopper is a popular grocery chain with several locations in the upper northeast United States. They offer a wide range of products and services, with things like freshly made cakes, customer deli orders, and more. Their employment opportunities are just as varied, with postings that are regularly updated. This article is going to explore five of their current opportunities, and offer some general Price Chopper job application tips.
Price Chopper Employment Opportunities – Overview
Price Chopper offers a broad range of employment opportunities on their website. Many store positions are perfect for those seeking part-time work, with careers in management being better suited for full-timers.
Their employment website divides positions into three different categories: store careers, corporate careers, and warehouse careers. Each portion has its own unique search portal that can be accessed by clicking the relevant links. Once the page you are interested in loads, you can view all of the currently available postings by clicking “View All Open Job Positions”.
For store careers, some of the current postings include assistant deli team lead, assistant bakery team lead, and cashiers.
For corporate careers, there different positions posted. The industrial engineer analyst position is a great full-time opportunity, while the asset protection manager and the store manager positions are perfect for people with more experience.
The dispatch and distribution openings are just as varied, and are mainly located in the Schenectady area. Be sure to check back regularly, since the postings are continually updated for all three sections.
Price Chopper Application Process
The Price Chopper job application process is simple and straightforward.
1. Start by visiting the employment portal on your desktop or laptop, and clicking the employment area that you are most interested in. They divide their employment opportunities into three different sections, as mentioned in the previous section.
2. All of the employment sections allow you to view all of the current positions available company-wide for the current division you previously selected.
3. To narrow down your search results, click the green “Advanced Search” link. Using advanced search, you can search for positions by keyword, category, position type, and location.
4. It is strongly recommended that you use the zip code option to find stores within an acceptable distance of your home. If you want to narrow your search further, you can use the position type field to select only full time or part time positions, based on your preference.
5. The listings will be displayed with the most recent jobs being at the top. Each job posting will include the city and state, as well as the job title.
6. When you find one you are interested in, click the link to find out more about the position.
7. The next page will give you an overview of the responsibilities associated with the position. If you still want to proceed, click the brown “Apply for This Job Online” button.
8. New users will create their profile using their resume or linked social media account. The process only takes a few minutes to complete and is free.
9. Once your account is created, you will answer questions relating to your previous work experience, and agree to the terms of the online Price Chopper job application.
10. When you have submitted your application successfully, you will receive an email confirmation.
Price Chopper Job Openings
Assistant Deli Team Lead Job Description
Assistant Deli Team Lead Job Duties
- Assist customers with a variety of questions
- Recommend new products when appropriate
- Clean and maintain the designated work area
- Order product and maintain case stock levels
- Other duties as assigned
Assistant Deli Team Lead Job Requirements
The minimum age for this position is 18 years old. A high school diploma or equivalent, and six to twelve months of work experience, are strongly preferred.
Assistant Deli Team Lead Salary & Benefits
The starting pay for this position is between $10 and $11 an hour, based on experience. Benefits like 401k, vacation, and health insurance are available for full-time workers.
Assistant Deli Team Lead Work Schedule
Most deli team lead positions are full-time only, and work 32-40 hours each week.
Assistant Bakery Team Leader Job Description
Assistant Bakery Team Leader Job Duties
- Assist customers and thank them for their purchases in a timely manner
- Control shrink and assist bakery manager with various tasks
- Complete paperwork as needed
- Order product and manage product transfer requests
- Run the department in absence of the manager
Assistant Bakery Team Leader Job Requirements
You need to be at least 18 years old to be considered for this posting. Preference is given to candidates with a high school diploma and similar work history. There is a minimum six-month location commitment for this position.
Assistant Bakery Team Leader Salary & Benefits
The starting pay for this position is between $10 and $12 an hour, based on candidate experience. Benefits like dental, health insurance, 401k, and vacation are available.
Assistant Bakery Team Leader Work Schedule
Assistant baker team leader positions are mainly full-time only, with hours ranging from 32 to 40 hours each week.
Grocery Team Member Job Description
Grocery Team Member Job Duties
- Stock and maintain designated product aisles
- Assist with unloading truck deliveries
- Adhere to company standards to maintain shrink levels
- Help customers locate products
- Relay customer feedback to management as appropriate
Grocery Team Member Job Requirements
The minimum age for this posting is 16 years old. A high school diploma or equivalent work experience is strongly preferred.
Grocery Team Member Salary & Benefits
The starting pay for this position is usually around $9 an hour. The most common benefit available for this position is access to special promotions and discounts.
Grocery Team Member Work Schedule
Most grocery team member positions are part time only, and work 20 to 30 hours each week.
Cashier Job Description
Cashier Job Duties
- Greet and communicate with customers in an appropriate manner
- Discuss promotions when needed
- Offer carryout services
- Scan all merchandise correctly
- Package customer merchandise to prevent damage
Cashier Job Requirements
The minimum age for cashiers at Price Chopper is 16 years old. A basic understanding of mathematics is crucial for this position.
Cashier Salary & Benefits
The majority of cashiers start at around $9 an hour. Benefits like health insurance, vacation, and 401k are available to full-time workers.
Cashier Work Schedule
Most cashier positions are part-time only, with hours ranging from 20-30 hours a week.
Produce Teammate Job Description
Produce Teammate Job Duties
- Maintain and rotate product as needed
- Change product pricing and signage
- Keep aisles and workplace free of clutter
- Assist customers with locating merchandise
- Reduce shrink by adhering to store policies
Produce Teammate Job Requirements
Produce teammates can be as young as 16 years old. The ability to crouch and kneel frequently is crucial for this position.
Produce Teammate Salary & Benefits
Produce clerks typically start between $9 and $10 an hour. Benefits like 401k, paid time off, and health insurance are available to full-time workers.
Produce Teammate Work Schedule
The majority of produce teammate postings are part-time only, with hours ranging from 20 to 30 hours a week.
Price Chopper Application & Interview Tips
One of the most important tips for a Price Chopper job application is to know why you are applying for a given position. Even if this is your very first job, pick a position that interest you. When your interviewer asks you why you are interested in the position, surprise them with some of your background knowledge.
A great example for produce clerks is to tell the interviewer a bit about your favorite exotic fruit. This will show the interviewer that you already have a basic understanding of product knowledge, and give them an incentive to hire you for the position.
Another tip to remember is that you should always keep your employment history current. The account creation process on Price Chopper’s employment portal can automatically pull a wide selection of information from your social media page like Facebook. Just be sure you carefully check it to make sure all of your information is correct after porting it.
In addition to making sure your employment history is as up to date as possible, be sure to include all of your professional certifications. This is particularly important for positions that handle food regularly like bakers and deli workers. Certifications like ServSafe are highly sought after by recruiters for workers who will be handling food products.
The last tip to remember is that you should always rehearse with a friend or relative before going to your interview. One of the most common questions applicants have difficulties answering is why they left their previous employer.
Try to stay positive and remember that interviewers respect honestly. However, you should remember to stay as professional as possible during your interview at all times, and avoid being overly negative about your past employment.
Price Chopper Opening Hours
The majority of Price Chopper locations are open 24 hours, with some closing at midnight and reopening at six AM. Their Store Locator is a great place to check local store hours.
Price Chopper Contact Information
Price Chopper’s official website is where you can go for questions regarding the Price Chopper job application process. For various customer concerns, you can contact them by filling out their online form. Customer service can also be reached via telephone at 1-800-666-7667.