As of 2013, Ross Stores, Inc. had more than 57,000 employees. Nowadays, with more than 1,200 locations, Ross continues to employ more and more qualified candidates. Additionally, the Ross job application isn’t limited just to retail positions.Besides the Ross store careers section, there are three other areas in which you can apply for a Ross job opening.
However, in most cases, the Ross application procedure will be quite similar, regardless of the position you are applying for. In this guide, we will show you the basic Ross job application steps. We will also mention some of the more popular job openings, Ross job requirements, and salary estimates.
Ross Employment Opportunities – Overview
The entire Ross job application procedure is handled through the Ross careers website, atcorp.rossstores.com/careers. On this portal, you will find information about recent Ross job openings and their locations in four key job areas:
- Retail (i.e. Area Supervisor, Store Manager, District Manager, Retail Associate, etc. in 33 United States, Guam and the District of Columbia)
- Buying & Planning (i.e. Divisional Merchandise Manager, Electronics Buyer, Planning Senior Director, etc. with offices in Los Angeles, Boston and New York)
- Supply Chain (i.e. Operations Manager, Business Solution Supervisor, Senior Financial Analyst, etc.)
- Corporate (i.e. Strategy Analyst, Payroll Lead, HR Manager, etc. at their main California headquarters any other strategic locations)
If you are still a student, you can apply for one of the numerous Ross internship opportunities. The main domains in which you can apply for a Rossinternshipp are:
- Retail Leader
- Supply Chain
- Buying, Planning & Merchandising Operations
Ross Job Application Process
In this following section, we will take a look at the Ross application process itself. Be sure to set aside sufficient time for the application process, especially if you haven’t yet selected a Ross job opening you want to appy for. To begin the Ross application procedure:
- Visit the corp.rossstores.com/careers, the Ross careers website, .
- Click the V shaped arrow next to the Career Areas.
- Select the area from the drop down that you are most interested in: Buying & Planning, Corporate, Retail or Supply Chain. Our example continues with Retail.
- Select either Search Store Management Jobs or Search Store Associate Jobs, depending on what your preferences and qualifications are.
- Choose the main subcategory you want to browse: Night Stock Associate Jobs, Retail Associate Jobs or Store Protection Specialist Jobs.
- Click the Job Title of the position that matches your location.
- Read the full job description and click the Apply Now button to start your Ross job application.
- Login to your account if you already have one or register as a New User. Click the button on the right if you want to login with your Yahoo! account information.
- Register as a new user by selecting a User Name, Password and entering your Email Address. Enter the last two twice for confirmation.
- Click Register.
- Read the Disclosure, Consent, Acknowledgement and Agreement and click I Accept, if you agree.
- Confirm that you are at least 18 years old and that you’re authorized for legal work in the U.S.
- Click Save and Continue. Repeat this after every step from now on.
- Upload your resume or continue with the next step.
- Attach any files, if required.
- Fill out the necessary personal information and continue with the remaining categories:
- Tax Survey (WOTC)
- Work Experience
- Background Disclosure
- Additional Background Check Information
- Dispute Resolution Agreement
Ross Job Openings
Below are descriptions of some of the Ross job openings you are likely to find. Bear in mind that the Ross job descriptions offered here are based on general information. Ross stores may have different requirements for their prospective employees.
Assistant Buyer Job Description
Assistant Buyer Job Duties
- Carry out operational and administrative tasks to support the buying staff
- Take care of Purchase Order (full life cycle)
- Continually analyzes and interprets business issues
- Maintains relationship with vendors
- Suggests new methodology and resources with the help of product knowledge
Assistant Buyer Job Requirements
- Retail experience (preferred)
- Math skills for retail requirements
- Organizational and communication skills
- Analytical skills
- PC knowledge
Assistant Buyer Salary & Benefits
- Salary – $44,221 – $66,040
- Cash bonus – average $36,924
Assistant Buyer Work Schedule
In most cases, assistant buyers at Ross have a full time work schedule.
Associate Systems Administrator Job Description
Associate Systems Administrator Job Duties
- Fully take care of all hardware platforms, technologies and operating systems, with tasks like:
- Troubleshoots both software and hardware problems on WCS platforms
- Plan, execute, monitor and tune performance baselines
- Configure software and hardware
Associate Systems Administrator Job Requirements
- Minimum 2-4 years of retail system support experience
- Retail dynamics understanding
- Supply chain technology knowledge
- Warehouse control systems understanding
- Various other tech-related requirements
Associate Systems Administrator Salary & Benefits
- Salary – $58,340 – $64,389
- Cash Bonus – $4,887 – $5,265
Associate Systems Administrator Work Schedule
At Ross, associate systems administrators work full time.
Retail Associate Job Description
Retail Associate Job Duties
- Apply excellent customer service practices, including courtesy, professionalism and promptitude
- Take care of inventories, markdowns and counts
- Prevents loss as much as possible
- Protects company safety and assets
Retail Associate Job Requirements
- Communication skills
- Basic equipment knowledge
- Ability to stand up excessively and other related physical requirements
- Basic math skills
Retail Associate Salary & Benefits
- Salary – $7 – $11 per hour
- Employee discount – 20% off most items, 10% off jewelry
- Health insurance
Retail Associate Work Schedule
There are both part time and full time retail associate positions available at Ross, depending on your location.
Area Supervisor Job Description
Area Supervisor Job Duties
- Supervise the activity of associates and workers
- Assess production schedules
- Review man-hour requirements
- Evaluate associate performance
- Assess production methods and performance
Area Supervisor Job Requirements
- At least 2 years of experience as a supervisor in production or merchandising
- Communication and organizational skills
- Technical equipment knowledge (Rapid Pak System, radio frequency or bar code scanners)
Area Supervisor Salary & Benefits
- Salary – $9 – $15 per hour
Area Supervisor Work Schedule
The majority of area supervisors at ross have full time working schedules.
Ross Job Application & Interview Tips
Ross Application Tips
Generally, it’s not difficult to land a retail position at a Ross store. Nevertheless, there are some aspects that can help you stand out among other candidates. First and foremost, Ross is interested in seeing candidates with exceptional customer service skills for all positions that require interaction with guests. After that, these are several other Ross job application tips to consider:
- High the fact that you are a dependable
- Mention that you have strong organizational skills, but also communication
- Accentuate aspects of your personality throughout your Ross job application. Most hiring managers decide on whether you would be an asset for the current team or not based on this.
Ross Interview Tips
If you’re lucky to get called back for an interview, you should prepare for plenty of scenario questions. Most HR managers at Ross ask about key situations and how you would solve them. Here are some examples so you can get a better idea:
- What would you do if a customer started complaining in the store?
- A long line at the register or customers in the store that required assistance – what would you prioritize?
- What would you do if you caught a customer stealing?
To help you out even more, here is a sample question and what a suitable answer would look like:
Q: How do you handle stressful situations?
A: Coming from a 2-year background in retail, I’m accustomed to undergoing high levels of stress. From my experience, I’ve learned that the key to solving any stressful situation is to focus on the solution, not the problem. Instead of panicking on the spot, I prefer to take two minutes to assess the situation and see what my options are to find the best one for the customer and the company.
Ross Opening Hours
There are different operating hours for Ross stores. To find the closest store in your area, use their online store locator. For each store you will receive a full address, phone number and working hours. For example, the 5110 N Academy Blvd store in Colorado Springs is open from 8:30 am to 10:30 pm from Monday to Saturday and 8:30 am – 10:00 pm on Sunday.
Ross Contact Information
The best way to get in touch with Ross is via email, as there is no general customer service phone number or corporate number on their website. For any technical issues related to your Ross job application, write a detailed email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are facing general tech issues with their corporate website, send an email to email@example.com. For general inquiries or feedback, feel free to use their online contact form.
If you want to send any documents to their headquarters, use this address:
Ross Stores Corporate Office
5130 Hacienda Drive
Dublin, CA 94568
Anything else you need to know about Ross Stores, Inc. can be found on their corporate website.