The company also operates as many as 202 PetSmart Pet Hotels, where pet owners can leave their animals and know that they will receive the best possible care. So, if you love animals and want to work for a top pet specialty retailer, then send in your PetSmart application today for an amazing experience! This article will show you exactly how to do that, offering details about job openings, how to complete your online application, and tips and tricks for your interview.
Submit your PetSmart Application today!
PetSmart Employment Opportunities- Overview
Here are some examples of employment opportunities offered by PetSmart:
PetSmart Application Process
The first thing you need to know about the PetSmart application process is that there is no printable PetSmart jobs and employment form that you can download and fill out. If you are interested in PetSmart employment, then you need to send in your PetSmart application online via the PetSmart Career Portal.
You can also go to a PetSmart store that you are interested in working at and talk to the Store Manager about available positions at the store. However, there is quite a great chance that you will be advised to submit an application through the PetSmart Online Application Portal even at this point.
There are special pages about Pet Salon PetSmart Careers, In-Store PetSmart Careers, Distribution Center PetSmart Careers and Corporate PetSmart Careers. Click on the department where you are interested in working and read the presentation page to get an idea about what PetSmart offers.
Then look at the PetSmart Job Categories in each department and choose one that interests you by clicking it. Then, you will be presented with a short general description for the job environment and below it you will be able to find the Search buttons. Click on Search US, Search Canada or Search Jobs Puerto Rico, according to your location to be redirected to the Online PetSmart Job Application Portal.
The first thing you need to do one you access it is to put in the name of your city and state, so that you can see all the PetSmart jobs that are available near you, along with their application status.
Study the available PetSmart jobs list to find the best PetSmart employment opportunity for you. Click on the job title to read a description of the PetSmart job you want to apply to and if you decide to submit a PetSmart application for the job just click on the Apply button next to the job title.
In order to begin filling out your PetSmart online application, you will need to register and create your personal profile on the PetSmart application portal.
When you are finished, just submit your PetSmart online application in order to complete the PetSmart application process.
Please feel free to visit our website for more examples of applications for retail or stores.
PetSmart Job Openings
1. Cashier Job Description
Cashier Job Duties
The Cashier needs to be able to complete purchasing and return operations He/ She will smile as often as possible, so that the customers feel comfortable and relaxed while in the Cash Register section of the store.
Cashier Job Requirements
Although there is no formal educational background required, a high school diploma or your GED is preferred. Apart from that, you also need to know basic mathematics and have good people skills.
Cashier Salary & Benefits
Usual PetSmart salaries for this position range between the minimum of $7.25 per hour and a maximum of $11.00 per hour.
Cashier Work Schedule
The typical working hours from 9:00 to 5:00 apply in this case.
2. Pet Care AssociateJob Description
Pet Care Associate Duties
The Pet Care Associate will need to make sure that the animals are safe and healthy at all times, and to report anything that might indicate that they are sick to his/ her superior.He/ She is in charge of keeping the cages/ enclosures clean at all times.
Pet Care Associate Job Requirements
You will need to be over 18 to apply for this job. Even though no formal education is required, you need to know the diet requirements, husbandry, as well as details about the animals you will be working with. Although not requires, it is considered a bonus if the candidate knows how to use sterilizing equipment and how to maintain the enclosures.
Pet Care Associate Salary & BenefitsThe average rate for this salary is $9 per hour.
Pet Care Associate Work Schedule
It will depend on the store’s location, animals it houses, and the time of year.
3. Pet StylistJob Description
Pet Stylist Job Duties
They need to talk to the pet owners and take their wishes into consideration when grooming their pets. Also, they will perform the grooming techniques with clean, disinfected utensils and will comfort the animal all throughout the procedure.
Pet Stylist Job Requirements
If this is an entry-level job for you at PetSmart, then no experience is required. They will hire you and ask you to perform basics tasks as well as teach you what you need to do. If not, then you will have to present an official Pet Stylist Certificate.
Pet Stylist Salary & Benefits
The base PetSmart salary for this position starts out at an annual rate of $20,000 and can get as high as $38,000.Bonuses include a Commission Sharing Bonus ($600 – $26,000) and Tips ($2,000 – $7,000), that elevate the average salary for the Pet Stylist position to $34,800 per year and can even get it as high as $50,000 per year.
Pet Stylist Work Schedule
It depends on the store’s policy and needs.
4. Store ManagerJob Description
Store Manager Job Duties
Here is what the Store manager needs to do.
- achieve the financial goals of the PetSmart store
- supervise 6 managers and, indirectly, their 75 employees.
- In charge of the training programs
- Make sure the animals are safe at all times
- Liaise with the Banfield Veterinary Clinic if an animal falls ill.
Store Manager Salary & Benefits
The starting base salary for the PetSmart Store Manager is $33,000 per year and according to his/ her performance,the salary can get as high as $90,000. There is a substantial bonus pack meant to motivate PetSmart employees.
This includes a Cash, Stock, Commission Sharing and Profit Sharing Bonus, that can raise the average PetSmart Manager salary to $85,700.
Store Manager Work Schedule
Although the typical working hours apply, it can depend on the time of year and the animals living in the store.
Benefits at PetSmart
You can read all about the PetSmart benefits offered to employees and about the company’s eligibility policies here. The core benefit pack, called the SmartChoices pack includes the following PetSmart benefits:
- Medical Plan.
- Dental Plan.
- Vision Plan.
- Prescription Coverage.
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs).
- Basic Life & Accident Insurancethe 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan.Short Term and Long Term Disability.
- Adoption Assistance Program.
- Associate Discount.
- Tuition Assistance Program.
- Cigna Secure Travel.
- 15% off any PetSmart product or service.
- 15% off Banfield Veterinary Clinic services.
- Discounts for PetSmart Pet Insurance for personal pets.
Corporate PetSmart employees are offered a series of perks at the PetSmart Corporate Office that include:
- Volunteer events
- Associate Mail Services.
- Lil’ Paws Child Care Learning Center.
- Bring Your Pet to Work.
- Top Dog Fitness Center.
- Starbucks Cart.
- Sit & Stay Cafe.
- Dry Cleaning.
- Rewards and Recognition Programs.
PetSmart Application & Interview Tips
- Upload your resume, whether via LinkedIn or uploaded from your computer.
- Give honest answers
- Include as much information about your work experience and your qualifications as you can.
- Put in the essence of your resume in your PetSmart application formTake the time to read the terms and conditions.
- Do not make spelling and grammar mistakes or information inadequacies
- Don’t just copy/ paste the descriptions in your resume for your previous work places
- Make sure to add Contact Details – both yours and those for your previous workplaces
- Show how much you love animals and interact with them in the store.
- Be well–prepared.
Examples of PetSmart Interview Questions
- What made you choose PetSmart?
- Do you have any pets?
- What do you believe makes you qualified for PetSmart employment?
- How would you convince a customer to enroll his dog in our Dog Training Program?
- What are the main policies that you would introduce in order to make sure that all the store’s customers are satisfied?
- How exactly would you improve the customer’s experience at PetSmart?
- What should the training program for new PetSmart employees include in order to maximize their intake of PetSmart policy?
PetSmart Opening Hours
The official PetSmart store hours are:
- 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M. – Monday to Saturday.
- 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. – Sunday.
PetSmart Contact Information
PetSmart official site: www.petsmart.com
If you want to find the address of one of the PetSmart locations near you, all you have to do is access the PetSmart Store Locator.
If you want to get in touch with PetSmart Customer Services , you can reach them:
- by phone – call 1-888-839-9638 for any questions about your online orders , about the PetSmart website or the PetSmart store.
- by e-mail – just click on the E-mail Us button to send your e-mail to Petsmart Customer Services.