When you think about Staples, you are probably inclined to think about office supplies. And while Staples offers the best prices for office supplies in the country, the company is so much more than that. Their motto is “Make More Happen” and they truly have, as they are currently in the top five internet retailers in the world. They also operate almost 4,000 stores in as many as 26 countries. If you want to work for a company that values innovative ideas, true dedication for the workplace and teamwork, then send in your Staples application today for the career of a lifetime.
Staples Contact Information
Staples official site: www.staples.com
Staples is headquartered in Framingham, Massachusetts, United States and currently owns 3,856 stores in 26 countries. If you need to find the address of any of the stores in the U.S., you can use the Store Locator tool on www.staples.com.
If you wish to contact Customer Services, you have to start with the official site as well. You will find the Customer Services button on the menu at the bottom of the page. If you access the Help Center, you can contact Staples:
- By phone – call 800-333-3330
- Through the Live Customer Support took – enable pop-ups in your browser and you can chat with a Staples Customer Support representative live
- By e-mail:
Minimum Age for Employment at Staples
The minimum Staples hiring age is 16, so all candidates who are younger than this will not be considered eligible for the Staples application process.
While 16-year-olds are considered for entry level Staples jobs, the company generally prefers to offer Staples employment to candidates over 18.
If you are 16 and looking for a Staples job, you should definitely submit your Staples application and try to convince the Human Resources specialists that you are genuinely interested in the job and that you level of dedication will be something worth noticing.
Staples Employment Opportunities
There are opportunities for Staples jobs in the following departments (go to www.staples.com to find out more):
- Sales Department
- Retail Stores Department
- Supply Chain/ Distribution Department
- Corporate Department
- Customer Service
These Departments include both full-time and part-time Staples jobs and some of them even include hourly positions.
Staples Application Process
In this section, we will explain how to apply for a job at Staples. The Staples job application process is mostly done online, through the Staples careers website. If you apply through the Staples careers website, you do not have to print out a Staples job application form, as this is available online.
If you want to get a Staples career, the first thing you need to do is to go to the Official Staples Careers Page. This is the Global Staples Careers Page, but you will be redirected to the U.S. Staples Careers Page automatically. By changing your location on the website, you will be able to find Staples jobs in other countries where the company operates, if you are interested in that.
You can find a lot of useful information about the company, such as a brief presentation of Staples (click on the Who we are button), the careers that they offer (click on the Careers and Growth button) and a few things about Life at Staples.
If you want to take a look at the available positions at Staples, click on the Search for a job button on the top right hand corner of the page. You will be redirected to the Official Staples Job Search Page.
You can find the best Staples jobs for you, according to the criteria that is most relevant to your situation. You can search for Staples jobs according to Location, Function, Keyword and Schedule type.
Once you find the Staples jobs that meet your demands, just click on each job title to read the full job description. You will find a comprehensive Staples job description, along with the main responsibilities that it entails.
If the job seems to be what you are looking for, click on the Apply now button to begin the Staples application process. You will be redirected to the Staples job application portal, that is available to people who are not Staples employees, as the Staples staff has a different careers portal.
If this is your first time on the Staples Application Portal, then click on the New user button to create your very own profile.
This entails that you fill in a series of online Staple jobs and employment forms, as part of your Staples job application.
You will have to upload your resume and you can do so either directly from your computer or via LinkedIn. Then, you will be able to continue to the next steps, which are as follows:
- Personal Information – you will have to provide your contact details
- Questionnaire– you will have to answer a series of questions that are relevant to the Staples Application process, regarding any relatives/ acquaintances that you might have who are working at Staples and your US citizenship status
- Work Experience – you will have to include brief information about your previous workplaces
- Education – you will have to include brief information about your education
- Availability – include the exact time when you would be able to work, along with the exact date you are available to start your Staples job
- Attachments – upload scanned documents, such as your resume, cover letter, references, transcripts and anything else that you consider to be relevant
- Diversity 1 and 2 – this part of the Staples Job Application From is optional and even if you choose not to disclose this information, your application will be taken into consideration objectively
- eSignature – this is necessary to complete the Staples job application process
- Summary – you will be able to see the information you have included, just like the Staples hiring specialists will and you are able to edit out any mistakes that might have been included
When you have filled out the entire Staples online application form and proofread it, you are ready to submit it so that it can be assessed by the Staples hiring specialists. This is the end of the Staples application process.
Please note that there is no printable Staples job application form available at the moment. However, if you do not wish to send in a Staples online application, you can go a Staples store and ask the staff about the available positions at that store. They will either provide you with a paper based Staples application form, or they will direct you to the Official Staples Careers Page.
We recommend you apply for a job at Staples through the career portal, since this will allow you to monitor the status of your Staples job application. You will be able to see if your Staples application was received and is currently being process, you’ll be notified if you’ve moved on in the hiring process, and you’ll also be provided with useful contact details for the Staples HR department.
Available Staples Careers
According to the Life at Staples page, the main values of the company are as follows:
- Own it – Staples employees are responsible and confident in regards to their actions.
- Say it like it is – Honest feedback is extremely appreciated at Staples
- Be Caring – the Staples family is nurturing and supportive
- Keep it simple – Staples employees are encouraged to come up with ideas for simplifying company protocol where possible
- Work together – Staples employees work as part of the Staples team and they are able to rely on each other for guidance and support
Staples Cashier – Job Description and Duties
The main responsibility of the Cashier is to deliver high quality customer service to all the Staples clients. Aside from being able to perform the purchasing/ return transactions quickly and correctly, the Staples Cashier needs to be able to provide the customers with guidance in any store-related issue. He/ She needs to be able to refer the clients to the Sales Associate/ Store Manager who can help them.
The Staples Cashier needs to embody the 5 Staples values, as he/ she gets to interact with the customers personally.
Cashier – Salary and Compensation
The Cashier position is one of the entry level Staples careers and as such, this Staples salary begins at minimum wage, in full accordance with state laws (approximately $7.25/ hour). As the employee gains experience, the salary is increased and it can get as high as $11.00/ hour.
The average salary for this Staples job is $9.00/ hour and the position offers the possibility of advancement to employees who prove to be dedicated enough to their goals.
Staples Sales Associate – Job Description and Duties
This is another entry level Staples job that is perfect for people with excellent communication and organizing skills. The Staples Sales Associate is an embodiment of the Staples core values and policies and needs to be able to transmit these to the customers.
He/ She needs to be able to perform various tasks in several parts of the Staples store. He/ She will have to work as a cashier, in the returns department or wherever he/ she is needed in the Staples Store.
Being an excellent multitasker is a must in this Staples job, as it entails working in a fast paced environment that always brings up something new.
Sales Associate – Salary and Compensation
The Staples salary for this entry level position starts out at the state’s minimum wage (approximately $7.25/ hour), but a salary increase will follow soon enough if the Staples employee proves to be dedicated and contributes with innovative ideas.
The maximum salary for this Staples job is $13.00 per hour, as Sales Associates who have experience with the company are usually promoted to higher level Staples careers.
Staples Loss Prevention Associate – Job Description and Duties
The main role of the Loss Prevention Associate is to provide security in the Staples Store. He/ She will monitor all the clients coming into the store and going out of the store, as well as other Staples employees and guests, so as to make sure that there is no attempt at theft from the store.
The Loss Prevention Associate will also handle the personnel safety and security files and will provide administrative support in regards to safety and security matters.
Loss Prevention Associate – Salary and Compensation
The Staples salary for this entry level position varies between $12.00/ hour and $13.00/ hour, according to the experience of the Staples employee.
As he/ she gains experience in the position, there is a possibility of advancement to higher level Staples Careers in Loss prevention.
Staples Careers in Management
Staples Sales Manager – Job Description and Duties
The main responsibility of the Staples Sales Manager is to ensure that the store is making the highest profit possible. He/ She will work alongside the Store Manager to coordinate the entire staff, so as to maximize their efficiency according to the Staples core values.
The main assets of a Staples Sales Manager are as follows:
- Leadership – the Sales Manager leads by example and is able to display the best possible sales techniques at all times; he/ she will also provide guidance and coaching to store associates, so as to improve their performance
- People Management – the Sales Manager is implicated in the Staples hiring process and he/ she is responsible for choosing the candidates who are best suited for the job; he/ she will also conduct the training program for the new employees and will monitor their performance in their Staples careers;
- Selling Results – the Staples Sales Manager will always have the ultimate goal of achieving the highest store earnings possible
- Customer Service – the Staples Sales Manager will make sure that the store always offers a customer centric environment;
Sales Manager – Salary and Compensation
The starting salary for this Staples career in management is $35,000 per year, not including bonuses. As the Sales Manager begins to integrate his/ her ideas and according to the results that these are able to achieve, there will be a raise that can increase the annual rate for this Staples career in management up to $67,000.
Additionally, the Sales Manager is entitled to a series of bonuses that average around $15,500 per year, but that can increase the overall Staples employee rewards up till a whopping $110,000, making it one of the most sought out Staples careers.
Also, this is one of the Staples careers that is entitled to the best Staples benefits pack available at the company.
Benefits at Staples
According to the career level and the type of schedule that an employee is hired for, there is a special Staples benefit pack that he/ she is entitled to.
The main Staples benefits that the company assures for its employees are as follows:
- Staples Health Benefits
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Prescription Plan
- Visual Plan
- Staples Financial Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Scholarship Programs
- Staples Life Benefits
- Staples Employee Time Off
- Floating Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Sick Days
- Personal Days
- LifeScope Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Staples Employee Time Off
Basic Staples Application Tips
The first thing you need to know about the Staples application process is that you will mainly rely on a Staples online application in order to get a Staples job. As there is no printable employment form, you need to send your Staples application online.
You need to follow every step of the Staples application process as listed above and you need to treat it with the utmost attention because it is the only way that the Staples hiring staff will be able to get to know you.
Firstly, you need to read the job descriptions closely and you need to try to visualize yourself in the Staples career of your choice. Start filling out your Staples job application form as if you are proving to the Staples hiring staff that you are the perfect person for that Staples job.
Be confident and innovative in you cover letter, because this will truly make a difference in your favor in the Staples hiring process. It is highly inadvisable that you skip the cover letter, as this is your chance to present yourself to the Staples hiring specialists in a more subjective manner.
You should try mentioning the Staples core values subtlety in your cover letter, as this could establish your genuine interest in the company.
The Staples online application form is generally easy to fill out and most of it is objective, as the questionnaire only includes yes or no questions (or several answer options to chose from). Be very careful when filling out the Work Experience and Education forms, as you are provided with limited space to list the description of your previous job/ study program.
While copy/ pasting the information from your resume seems to be the most accessible course of action, you need to bear in mind that you might not be able to include the full text. Even so, it is advisable that you summarize this information, so that you can include the most relevant data in the Staples application form.
Advanced Staples Application Tips
Given the fact that a company the size of Staples receives a massive amount of job applications, you need to make sure that your Staples online application form is easy to remember and impressive.
The first thing that the Staples hiring specialists will read is your Staples online application form. This is why it is crucial that you gain their attention at this point. The, they will analyze your resume, along with the references and eventually, they will read your cover letter.
Taking this into consideration, the most important tips for applying at Staples are:
- Gain their attention with your flawless Staples online application form – taking the time to fill out all the parts of the form, including those that are not mandatory (but not including the Diversity sections; it is fully up to you if you want to disclose this type of information) will prove your interest for the Staples job
- Impress them with your resume – while some resumes are able to speak for themselves, the way that you describe yourself and your achievements might help the Staples hiring specialists get a better understanding of who you are and why you are a good fit for the Staples career that you are applying for
- Convince them with your cover letter – don’t be afraid to get up close and personal with you cover letter, because it is your chance to persuade the Staples hiring staff that you are their perfect choice for the Staples career
Needless to say, you must proofread every bit of information that you include in your Staples job application, because spelling and grammar mistakes are absolutely unacceptable.
Staples Hiring Process Information
After the Staples hiring specialists will assess your job application form, they will decide whether or not you are eligible or a good fit for the Staples career you have chosen. If you are, they will contact you to schedule an interview.
Entry level Staples jobs usually require only one interview with the Store Manager/ Sales Manager/ Human Resources Specialist and you will get a final answer in a few days afterwards.
Higher level Staples jobs on the other hand entail a more complex interview process. You should expect to be called in for several interviews, as you will be assessed both individually and in comparison to the other candidates.
Staples Interview Tips
The first thing you need to keep in mind while preparing for your Staples interview is that the company appreciates enthusiastic and innovative people who are always able to adapt to new situations and who love a new challenge.
You need to prepare for the Staples interview by making your own research about the company’s policies, values and offers. Study the Staples online store and go to one or more Staples stores to see how the people work. This will prove useful for your interview answers because you will be able to use Staples centered arguments.
Lastly, you need to prepare your interview look and pay attention to every detail. Your goal is to construct a business casual (business formal for managerial Staples careers) outfit that will depict you as an enthusiastic and engaged person.
You can achieve this by adding a color to your business attire, that will symbolize your enthusiasm for the Staples career. You can do this by including some accessories to your outfit.
Examples of Staples Interview Questions
The Staples hiring specialists have developed a separate interview process for each and every one of the Staples jobs, but there are some parts that are similar to jobs from the same department and of the same level.
For instance, all Staples job interviews will include the following type of questions:
- Why do you want to work at Staples?
- Why do you think you would fit in at Staples?
- How would your previous manager describe you?
Think of this part of the interview as you chance to convince them face to face that you are their best choice for the new member of the Staples team.
Next, you should expect various questions related to the responsibilities of the Staples job that you are interviewing for. There will be job- specific questions and there will also be some general questions such as:
- If you found yourself talking to a difficult customer, how would you handle the situation?
- What would you do if you saw a customer looking at you for guidance while you were talking to another customer?
Try to keep your interview answers honest and include specific details and clear arguments to back your answers.
Stay calm all throughout the interview and smile as often as you get the chance to. Also, try to make eye contact with the interviewers, so as to establish confidence and respect.
Image Source: casamoncada
dont have any comment