With more than 8,000 stores in all 50 United States, Walgreens is constantly expanding their team of employees. Walgreens has an average 3.8 star rating (out of 5 stars) on Indeed.com, with reviews collected from over 13,000 individuals who worked there. If your next step is submitting your Walgreens job application, we have put together all the details you’ll need to do so properly. From current openings and salary info to job descriptions and interview tips, see how to put together the perfect Walgreens job application below.
Walgreens Employment Opportunities – Overview
Firstly, we’ll talk about what career opportunities this company offers on their official website so you know where to send your Walgreens job application. There are 5 main departments that provide job openings:
- Pharmacy – with roles such as Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician.
- Healthcare Clinic (Take Care Health Services) – with jobs like Family Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant or Collaborative Physician.
- In-Store – with positions like Beauty Advisor, Customer Service Associate or Assistant Store Manager Trainee.
- Corporate – with duties in Marketing, E-Commerce or Finance and Accounting.
- Distribution – to work in their Corporate Supply Chain, Management or Human Resources.
Moreover, almost all of these departments offer internship programs for students. There are dedicated pages for all internships based on department, which can all be accessed through the links below. With the help of these pages, you can find out more about the specific program and even apply online:
- Pharmacy Corporate Internship Program
- Operation Internships
- Pharmacy Internship Program
- Corporate Internships
- Human Resources Internships
- In-Store Internships
Walgreens Job Application Process
If you want to send your Walgreens job application, you must look for your desired position on their job search website. The process is very straight-forward and takes you step-by-step through your application submission. However, it might require a bit of time for finding and applying for a job, so make sure you have around 30-60 minutes at hand to complete everything. Follow the instructions detailed below:
- Access the Walgreens job search page.
- Fill out the three fields highlighted in orange in the image above: Keyword, Location and Radius.
- Click the blue GO button.
- Consult the list of jobs that matched your keywords on the left side of the page.
- Select your preferred choice, based on position (i.e. beauty consultant), schedule (i.e. full-time) and location (i.e. Plainfield, NJ).
- Read the Job Description for the position you selected.
- Click Apply Now to continue.
- Press the Apply Online button to start sending your Walgreens job application.
- Create a New User or sign in with your Google+ or Yahoo! We recommend using one of the latter options if you want a faster Walgreens job application.
- Start the Walgreens job application process by uploading your resume. Do this by clicking Upload data from LinkedIn or Select the resume file to upload, depending where you have your information.
- Continue with the following 10 steps:
- Candidate Information
- Candidate Questions
- Job Specific Questions
- Educations, Licenses and Certifications
- Work Experience and References
- Voluntary Self-identification of Disability
- Review and Submit
Walgreens Job Openings
To help you better understand the career opportunities available at Walgreens, we have highlighted a position that can be found for 4 of the company’s departments. We have included all areas aside from Take Care Health Services, which can only be found at select Walgreens.
In Store Community Pharmacist Job Description
In Store Community Pharmacist Job Duties
- Friendly customer service for patients
- Patient counseling
- Preventative healthcare service
- Daily pharmacy operations
- Pharmacy records maintenance
In Store Community Pharmacist Job Requirements
- S. degree of Pharm. D. degree in Pharmacy, issued by an accredited institution
- Pharmacist license
- Immunization certification
- Availability for working weekends and evenings
In Store Community Pharmacist Salary & Benefits
- Salary – $79,260 – $128,404
- Bonus – $1,650 – $15,000
- Profit Sharing – $456.48 – $9,384
- Total salary – $89,272 – $134,050
In Store Community Pharmacist Work Schedule
Pharmacists at Walgreens have a full time schedule, that extends to evenings and weekends as necessary.
Beauty Consultant Job Description
Beauty Consultant Job Duties
- Customer assistance with products and services
- Guest problem-solving
- Brand awareness promotion
- Sales goals achievement
- Scorecard reviewing
Beauty Consultant Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of retail or sales experience
- Product and brand knowledge
- Availability for work on weekends, evenings and holidays
- Any beauty product-related licenses for sales, if your state requires it
Beauty Consultant Salary & Benefits
- Salary – $7 – $12 per hour
- Cash Bonus – $0 – $480
- Stock Bonus – $102 – $180
- Profit Sharing – $163
- Commission Sharing – $3 – $3,000
Beauty Consultant Work Schedule
There are both part time and full time beauty consultant positions available at Walgreens. In most cases, employees will have to work extra hours (holidays, evenings, weekends).
Marketing Specialist Job Description
Marketing Specialist Job Duties
- Strategic marketing brief development
- Internal and external partner collaborative work
- Marketing project schedule development and maintenance
- Project direction communication with agencies and creative team
- Cost estimate and expense tracking
Marketing Specialist Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree & 3 years of experience in marketing or high school diploma/ GED & 6 years of experience in marketing
- At least 3 years’ experience of collaboration in:
- Strategy development
- Department goals achievement
- Budget and timeline achievement
- At least 2 years’ experience of project plan presentation and cost estimation
Marketing Specialist Salary & Benefits
- Salary – $60,475 – $72,186
- Bonus – ~ $2,062
Marketing Specialist Work Schedule
Specialists in marketing at Walgreens work full time.
Maintenance Manager Job Description
Maintenance Manager Job Duties
- Distribution Center equipment maintenance
- Maintenance program development
- Fiscal responsibilities
- Maintenance team management and direction
- Staff development
Maintenance Manager Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 5 years of working with automated integrated systems in a distribution or manufacturing setting
- Experience with equipment reliability maximization, equipment downtime minimization
- At least 5 years of direct management
Maintenance Manager Salary & Benefits
The salary for Operations Managers at Walgreens is between $85,307 and $89,496 a year.
Maintenance Manager Work Schedule
Managers of Operations have a full time work schedule at Walgreens.
Walgreens Job Application & Interview Tips
Walgreens Job Application Tips
In order to increase your chances for getting a job at Walgreens, make sure you tailor your resume to fit your desired position. For instance, if you want a sales job, focus on your experience in retail and how you handled customer service when needed. Your application should be clear, concise and very relevant for the job you aspire for.
Also, these Walgreens job application tips and tricks will most likely serve as a helping hand for the Candidate Questions and Job Specific Questions stages:
- Answer questions in a way that shows your problem-solving skills.
- Prepare for a set of behavioral questions.
- Have detailed, personal experiences ready as answers to questions.
Walgreens Interview Tips
Moreover, you can use these examples of questions and suggested answers to see how you should approach your interviewer:
Q: Tell me about a time you worked with a team and had good results.
A: In my previous retail job, I had to prepare a new store launch with my small team in a seemingly impossible timeframe. We were understaffed and had to do double the work that would we normally would have. Instead of panicking and not meeting our goal, I had the idea to lead a 5-minute meeting in which we outlined and delegated all tasks. Not only did our teamwork lead to one of the most successful local launches of the brand, but I also received a promotion for the leadership skills I demonstrated in the crisis situation.
Q: Explain a time where you went out of your way for someone.
A: When I worked at a Walgreens in a different state 2 years ago, I faced one of the most challenging professional situations I had ever experienced. A senior citizen customer had come with a heated complaint about an appliance, claiming that it did not function and that the price was very high for the features it advertised and did not present.
I gladly walked the customer through all the functions of the appliance, demonstrating them as we went along. I also offered to do the same for any other appliance in that class that they were interested in. After we spent an hour having open conversations about the products, the customer wasn’t only satisfied with their product, but also purchased two more that went hand in hand with their initial choice.
Walgreens Opening Hours
The Walgreens company is open at all times, so they can be contacted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Walgreens Contact Information
To conclude, you can contact Walgreens in multiple ways. Whether you want more information about a job opportunity you’re interested in or you just want to check in with your Walgreens job application, use any of the details below.
Phone: 1 866 967 5492 (General), Distribution centers – list of state-based phone numbers