Wegmans is a very popular grocery chain, with over 90 locations primarily located in the northeastern United States. They have a broad range of job postings, ranging from sushi chefs to HVAC technicians. This article is going to offer an overview of some of the employment opportunities at Wegmans. It will cover five current positions at Wegmans in greater detail, and offer some Wegmans job application tips.
Wegmans Employment Opportunities – Overview
Wegmans features a wide range of different employment opportunities that are perfect for casual workers looking for some extra cash, as well as those of you who may be seeking more long-term employment prospects.
One of the most unique opportunities that is regularly posted on their website is the culinary externship position. This position is perfect for those who want to learn about all the aspects of working and managing a busy kitchen. You start as a line cook and work your way up to executive chef.
For those of you seeking a career in management, there are both entry-level positions and positions that require experience to consider. The perishable area team leader position is an ideal fit if you have not managed anyone before, and will teach you a variety of useful skills for future opportunities.
If you are more experienced, you should consider applying for shift leader positions in various areas of the store. A great example is the front end shift leader position. The hourly entry-level management posting is another great fit for those with some background management experience.
Wegmans Application Process
The Wegmans job application process is very simple, and only takes a few minutes to get used to. To get started, you should visit the Wegmans employment portal using a desktop or laptop. The page does work on mobile browsers as well, but it displays best on full browsers.
1. When you’re ready to start your search, enter your zip code in the second search box at the top of the screen, and select your search radius.
2. You can also enter a keyword that relates to the type of position you are interested in as well, to narrow your results. However, you can also just leave the first box blank to display all of the available positions.
3. On the left-hand side of the screen is an area where you can further refine your search. You can select specific stores, full-time or part-time positions, and business area to help narrow positions down.
4. When you find a position you are interested in, click the job title to be taken to the job detail page. It will give you several bits of useful information like the key responsibilities, minimum requirements, and detail if the position is full-time or part-time.
5. If the position fits your needs, click the blue “Apply Now” button.
6. You will have the option to login if you have an existing account.
7. For new users, click the blue “Click Here To Create A New Account” button. You will need your resume and an email address to create your account.
8. Once it’s created, you can use your account to quickly fill out additional applications from the website after signing in.
9. Each posting will generally have a unique personality test associated with the position that must be completed.
10. Once completed, check your email regularly for interview invites.
Wegmans Job Openings
Cash Office Clerk Job Description
Cash Office Clerk Job Duties
- Prepare tills for cashiers throughout the day
- Complete cash pickups as needed to maintain safe cash levels
- Balance ATM, vault, and other store areas
- Fill out logs and ensure records are being kept to company standard
- Assist customers as needed throughout the day with locating merchandise
Cash Office Clerk Job Requirements
The minimum age for this position is 16 years old. A high school diploma is not required, but you must have a sound understanding of basic addition and subtraction.
Cash Office Clerk Salary & Benefits
The starting pay for this position is between $9 and $10 an hour, based on experience and location. Benefits like 401k and health insurance are available for full-time positions.
Cash Office Clerk Work Schedule
The majority of cash office clerk positions are part-time only, with hours ranging from 20 to 30 hours a week.
Dairy Clerk Job Description
Dairy Clerk Job Duties
- Proactively assist customers with locating merchandise
- Learn about products in the area to better assist customers with recommendations
- Unload deliveries and stock cases throughout the day as needed
- Rotate product to ensure compliance with food safety standards
- Other duties as assigned by management
Dairy Clerk Job Requirements
You must be at least 16 years old to apply for this position. There is no minimum educational requirement.
Dairy Clerk Salary & Benefits
The starting pay for the dairy clerk position is typically around $10 an hour. Full-time associates are eligible for health insurance, dental, vision, and 401k.
Dairy Clerk Work Schedule
Most dairy clerk postings are part-time only, and work 20 to 30 hours each week.
Service Desk Clerk Job Description
Service Desk Clerk Job Duties
- Assist customers with various concerns
- Inform customers about current promotions
- Sell money orders, stamps, and other front-end items
- Operate cash registers as needed to minimize customer wait time
- Handle all carpet machine rental requests and concerns
Service Desk Clerk Job Requirements
The age requirement to be a service desk clerk is 16 years old, with no minimum educational requirement.
Service Desk Clerk Salary & Benefits
Most service desk clerk positions start from $10 to $11 an hour, based on applicant experience. If an associate is full-time, they are eligible for benefits like health insurance and vacation.
Service Desk Clerk Work Schedule
Service desk clerks are typically part-time only, and work 20 to 30 hours each week.
Front End Team Leader
Front End Team Leader Job Duties
- Oversee the training and development of the front end team
- Assist with scheduling to ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained
- Address customer concerns when needed and maintain customer satisfaction
- Work cash registers as needed to reduce customer wait times
- Notify associates of changes in procedure in a timely fashion
Front End Team Leader Job Requirements
You must be at least 18 years old to apply for the front end team leader position. A high school diploma or equivalent is generally preferred.
Front End Team Leader Salary & Benefits
The starting pay for front end team leaders is generally $16 to $17 an hour. Most positions come with benefits like 401k, health insurance, and vacation time.
Front End Team Leader Work Schedule
Front end team leaders are full-time, and work 32 to 40 hours each week.
Pharmacy Technician Job Description
Pharmacy Technician Job Duties
- Process pharmacy prescription requests via telephone or in person
- Follow procedure to ensure customer prescription requests are handled efficiently
- Accurately fill out appropriate logs, and retain documentation as needed
- Maintain the pharmacy area as needed throughout the day
- Assist the pharmacist with other tasks as appropriate
Pharmacy Technician Job Requirements
You must be at least 18 years old to be considered for the pharmacy technician job. You must possess or complete a pharmacy technician certification as part of this position as well.
Pharmacy Technician Salary & Benefits
Pharmacy technicians at Wegmans typically start just under $11 an hour. Associates who meet certain hour requirements become eligible for benefits like health insurance and 401k.
Pharmacy Technician Work Schedule
Pharmacy technicians can be either full-time or part-time, with hours ranging anywhere from 20 to 40 hours a week.
Wegmans Application & Interview Tips
The most important tip to remember when filling out a Wegmans job application is that they are a big fan of digital communication. This means it is crucial to ensure that the email address associated with your application is current and able to receive messages.
Be sure to check your spam filter regularly as well, after you apply for positions at Wegmans. It is common for the automatic responses to fall in your junk folder by mistake. Wegmans communicates a variety of important information like rejection notices, interview requests, and more via email only.
In addition to making sure your email address is up to date, you should always take your time browsing all of the available Wegmans job application opportunities. The employment portal does not display the positions in any particular order. New postings can often be found throughout the search results all the way to the last page. Be sure to explore all of the available listings to make sure you aren’t missing out on new potential postings.
When it comes time to interview, do a bit of background research first. If you are applying for any type of food handling position, a great place to start is basic food safety practices. Look up things like the minimum temperature for beef and poultry. When the interviewer asks why you are a good fit for the position, you can surprise them with your basic knowledge of food safety.
The same can be said for areas like cashiering. You can easily research the types of policies Wegmans has on things like coupons. Use this information in your response for why you would be a good fit for the position. It will show the interviewer that you have some background knowledge, and that you came prepared for your interview.
Wegmans Openings Hours
Most Wegmans locations are open 24 hours. If you are concerned about hour variations, consult their Store Locator.
Wegmans Contact Information
For any questions you have regarding the Wegmans job application process, visit the Wegmans website. For customer service issues, they have an online form you can use to contact a representative. You can also call them at 1-800-934-6267.