Hollister is one of the most popular retail chains for both full-time and part-time employment. While it may be nerve-wracking to prepare for virtually any interview, there are several steps you can take to adequately prepare yourself. The goal of our article is to help you prepare for your upcoming Hollister interview by providing sample interview questions and answers as well as several tips.
Before you are invited to take the Hollister interview, you will have to complete an application. You can find out what to expect from it in our Hollister job application guide.
Hollister – Useful Information
Owned by Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister was originally founded in the year 2000. It maintains itself as one of the leading places to shop for teens and young adults. The company currently has just under 600 stores nationwide in both malls and stand-alone shopping centers.
The company is known for having a laid back and casual atmosphere. Some examples of their most popular clothing choices include stylish jeans, modest tops, and a wide range of accessories like sunglasses and hats. Since opening, the brand has continued to grow and has expanded to include its own fragrance line.
Hollister Job Interview Tips
This section provides a few Hollister interview tips. For most Hollister store positions, there are no standardized computer tests to gauge your personality or performance. The store manager or assistant manager will be the one responsible for ensuring that you are a good it for the position. The most important thing to remember is that this is a fashion company and appearances matter.
Conduct Research on the Company & Job Openings
- One of the main ways that Hollister advertises their current openings is in-store signage. Consider checking out your local location to learn about potential openings.
- Try to familiarize yourself with the latest fashion trends for your area. Do some shopping at Hollister and pay attention to what the employees are wearing.
- A great place to start your research is with the company’s founding. Try to memorize a few facts about it before your interview.
Review Common Hollister Interview Questions and Prepare Answers
- One of the main things that Hollister interviewers look for is a candidate who is open and engaging. Consider practicing your interview answers with friends and family members first.
- Hollister is all about style. More than likely, they will want to know how style is important to you.
- Don’t be shocked if your interviewer wants to hear you say a few specific store phrases. This is likely to gauge how comfortable you are speaking with another person in your daily role at the company.
- Remember to summarize your professional accomplishments beforehand. You only have 15 to 30 minutes to give the interviewer an accurate representation of what you have to offer the company.
Arrive on Time
- Always plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment time. This will showcase your sense of punctuality and help prevent accidentally being late.
- Since style matters, consider putting the perfect outfit together a day or two in advance.
Hollister Interview Questions & Answers
Since Hollister mainly relies on your interviewer to gauge your suitability for the given position, it’s important to prepare yourself for potential questions with appropriate answers. The new few sections will have question and answer samples for some of the most popular Hollister positions.
Hollister Brand Representative Interview Questions & Answers
Q1: What do you like most about the Hollister brand?
A: For me, I love the flowing patterns and how comfortable the jeans are. I also like that Hollister shirts last for a long time.
Q2: Why did you decide to apply for the brand representative position?
A: I’ve always loved the way that Hollister clothes look and feel. I want to have the chance to educate others about what Hollister has to offer.
Q3: How comfortable are you making style recommendations to strangers?
A: I love meeting and talking to new people. For me, that’s one of the best parts of the position and is something that I will really look forward to.
Hollister Stock Associate Interview Questions & Answers
Q1: Why do you think you would be a good fit for the stock associate position?
A: I feel that I have great organizational skills and that I do a great job prioritizing workloads to meet deadlines. Ultimately, my ability to work with little direct supervision is one of my best features.
Q2: Why are you interested in a career at Hollister?
A: I like that Hollister offers both the opportunity for part-time employment as well as continued growth in a full-time role. In addition, your tuition reimbursement programs are a great benefit for long-term growth as well.
Q3: How do you feel about working around the holidays?
A: While family is important, I also understand that one of Hollister’s busiest times is around the holiday season. I feel that with proper communication, both the company and I can achieve a great sense of balance.
Hollister Store Manager Interview Questions & Answers
Q1: What type of retail store management experience do you have?
A: I have over five years of management experience working in retail stores. The teams I supervised ranged from 15 to 25 employees at a time.
Q2: What stands out most to you with the Hollister work atmosphere?
A: The thing that stands out most to me is how casual and laid back the environment is. It creates a welcoming atmosphere for both the customer and new employees.
Q3: Do you have any experience hiring and training new employees?
A: Yes. During my retail management career, I helped train new employees on basic cash operating procedures and floor appearance guidelines.
The most important thing to remember about your Hollister interview is that the manager is trying to gauge how friendly and open you are. Customer service is very important at Hollister and they are looking for employees who share this same commitment. Just remember to keep our tips and sample questions in mind to help you ace your interview appointment. If there are any interview tips that you would like to share, feel free to post them in the comments area.